Vibrant vs Green Bubble Algae and water change schedule

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

So I have started to use Vibrant to fight my Green Bubble Algae. I am starting with 1x per week, using recommended dosage. when should I do the water change? I assume 24hrs before the next weekly dosage which gives enough time for the Vibrant to do it's work. Or am I wrong and should I being doing a water change shortly after I dose?

I was curious what others of you have done ..Thanks

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Vibrant for like 3 months trying to get rid of bubble algae- it's a struggle.

I usually do water changes over the weekend, and then dose Vibrant on Monday nights.

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently beat bubble algae with vibrant. I hardly did any water changes, which is typical of my normal maintenance routine. I also don't run a skimmer. Everything went well, in a heavy acro tank. I had a monti almost wiped out, but I also accidentally overdosed strontium when beginning vibrant, so I can't say which hurt the monti.

Good luck, it does work!

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a non bacterial algicide so keep that in mind and watch your nutrients. Your micro flora will be way out of wack and could lead to cyano or diatoms when you discontinue use of it.

Do your water change shortly before the next dose.

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a non bacterial algicide so keep that in mind and watch your nutrients. Your micro flora will be way out of wack and could lead to cyano or diatoms when you discontinue use of it.

Do your water change shortly before the next dose.
Woah I thought it was a bacterial strain that consumes micro algae?
The bottle on mine says 95% bacteria blend on ingredients

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completed my vibrant just last week. Totally eliminated massive bubble algae and ulva. I did small water changes day before dose. All going well

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah I thought it was a bacterial strain that consumes micro algae?
The bottle on mine says 95% bacteria blend on ingredients
It is a lie. Even uwc has stated it is a bacterial byproduct and even that is a lie. It’s a polyquat like what you use in a pool or algaefix

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take and what was your dosing schedule?
I started dosing every week a slight less then suggested. Estimate 120 gallons total system and dosed 9 to 10 ml. At about a month and half in I started began dosing every 5 days same amount. It took awhile then all of a sudden dramatically cleared. I went a total about 11 weeks. I did remove my cheato and put in a tub for the whole time and just a few days ago put back in. I did test every thing almost every other day though as I believe it is the up and downs of parameters that impact their corals. For example for some reason my alk started to creep up so I needed to slow dosing the alk Luckily my phosphate and nitrates did not alter too much. Hope this helps

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it weekly. Tank is amazing. Water changes are monthly. If water change is on a Tuesday which is dosing day, I dose afterwards

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back