Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So true Chris, so true. I am going to create separate pieces on a table outside my tank and then have my husband put them in the tank. I am going to cover the inside front panel with posterboard because I learned that lesson the hard way. I have aquascaped and re-aquascaped a 75 and a 90 and I have redone the aquascape in this tank a couple times, just never with dry rock. So we were always rushed and anxious. Looking forward to this process. I am going to place the rock in the tank then lay down the sand, and then start filling the tank. It is going to be a long day.

Make sure you take pictures along the way as you try different layouts. It will help you see what worked and did not and help you remember when you finally glue it.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my marcos 400 stuff today. I am super excited to get to try this soon. I emptied the tank of the freshwater. Now to make 250 gallons of salt water? My largest container, my Brutte, is full of rock. I think I will start filling the 40 gallon tank. by that I mean I will have my boys carry 5 gallon buckes of ro water up the stairs to fill my 40 gallon tank.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm Vito's Pizza!! Nice how the whole family pitches in for you! Tank looks great also. Still waiting for that nem you gave me to split, but he is still doing great by the way. Even though I don't post here much I do enjoy the updates so keep them coming please!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm Vito's Pizza!! Nice how the whole family pitches in for you! Tank looks great also. Still waiting for that nem you gave me to split, but he is still doing great by the way. Even though I don't post here much I do enjoy the updates so keep them coming please!
Oh my gosh, it makes me so happy that you visited my thread! I am so glad the anemone is doing well for you.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG
I have been blessed with the work of my minions. I hurt my shoulder and neck so my boys build a wood replica of my tank and built my rock structures for me. I got to point, and take pictures. And put a little marco 400 here and there. My oldest did all the lifting. The youngest two rinsed 100 lbs of sand. The tank has no cloudiness! They did an amazing job!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG
I have been blessed with the work of my minions. I hurt my shoulder and neck so my boys build a wood replica of my tank and built my rock structures for me. I got to point, and take pictures. And put a little marco 400 here and there. My oldest did all the lifting. The youngest two rinsed 100 lbs of sand. The tank has no cloudiness! They did an amazing job!
Looks great! Isn't it wonderful to have minions?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3373.JPG
This is how it looks this morning. Still need the good LR to fill in the empty spots. My husband placed the pieces in the aquarium in sections. It fits together in 4 sections. I bet some of these sections were 40-50 lbs. He is the bestest!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Isn't it wonderful to have minions?
Yes! They are so helpful. Minimal grumping too! I am so blown away by how diligent the sand rinsers were. That was such a wet sticky mess! They had a three bucket system I advised them to use and they did just great!!!!!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convict tang,
yellow eyed kole tang,
6 line wrasse,
starry blennie,
yellow tail damsel,
yellow watchman goby
red hawkfish,
pair of clown fish,
Just a few of the fish on our wish list.
Hoe you don't mind a recommendation or two....

Skip the 6-line. Lots of other beautiful wrasses to chose from without the aggression risk. Only fish I regret adding to my tank. I will never again put one in anything but a frag tank.

I would add a Foxface Lo to the list. Wonderful, peaceful fish that gives the bright yellow normally provided by yellow tangs without the aggression.

Otherwise, you have some of my favorites!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoe you don't mind a recommendation or two....

Skip the 6-line. Lots of other beautiful wrasses to chose from without the aggression risk. Only fish I regret adding to my tank. I will never again put one in anything but a frag tank.

I would add a Foxface Lo to the list. Wonderful, peaceful fish that gives the bright yellow normally provided by yellow tangs without the aggression.

Otherwise, you have some of my favorites!
Thanks! I love hearing recommendations. We have had a 6 line in every tank we have owned. Well I should say the two we have had were awesome. They made it thru 3 upgrades. The last one jumped out of this tank though. The boys are thinking 6 line vs. yellow wrasse. And if we go with mandarin then we will skip the 6 line.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.6%
Back