OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's a huge sump! I'm a little late to the party so might be missing what size system that's for - but looks super nice! I did see you dabbling in some acrylic work recently. Is that sump your handywork? : )
Thank you for the lovely compliment. The box was bought used. I added all the divider walls to create the sections. Very early on the weirs had beautiful overflow teeth that my husband cut for me. but I wanted to lower the water level and cut them out bigger using a dremmel tool. They were not pretty anymore. :) Then I used the dremmel tool to just cut the teeth out entirely. I very recently cut them again using a dremmel tool. Most modifications were done while the sump was in use. :) dumb move really. So this time the sump was removed from the system to really improve the function and form. Fingers crossed! Pictures to come soon!

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome! I admire your bravery in taking on a project like this. The first time I went to a saltwater store and they talked about making a sump (using baffles & eggcrate & dividers) I was thrown back and thought "Wow that's way over my skillset!".

It's something that I would like to attempt in the future when I progress to a larger tank. Looks like quite the undertaking.

I'm glad that I started to follow your thread. So much inspiration and ideas on this forum. It's really nice to see what others are doing. Keep it up! I'm along for the ride, and it looks like many others are too. :)

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a paint booth in the basement. I will never do it again. Too much smell, too much fog in the air.
90E01343-69AF-4542-8276-79A0004523C6.jpeg
Paint t booth nice tho everyone will have to dye their own socks that way :p

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome! I admire your bravery in taking on a project like this. The first time I went to a saltwater store and they talked about making a sump (using baffles & eggcrate & dividers) I was thrown back and thought "Wow that's way over my skillset!".

It's something that I would like to attempt in the future when I progress to a larger tank. Looks like quite the undertaking.

I'm glad that I started to follow your thread. So much inspiration and ideas on this forum. It's really nice to see what others are doing. Keep it up! I'm along for the ride, and it looks like many others are too. :)
There are so many good threads to follow. Never run out of reading material to relax before bed.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many good threads to follow. Never run out of reading material to relax before bed.
I read them while everyone else is in bed. Good morning Victoria!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning Victoria...I know I am behind in those wishes but I live closer to the west coast and as a result I am behind on lots of things lol.
lol. Too funny! I have been meaning to tell you...I am pleased with the UV I added to my QT. Also doing the hybrid TTM using peroxide or formalin. But I have not ordered fish online and tried this method. That could be the real challenge.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. Too funny! I have been meaning to tell you...I am pleased with the UV I added to my QT. Also doing the hybrid TTM using peroxide or formalin. But I have not ordered fish online and tried this method. That could be the real challenge.
I was just shopping for a UV system today! Which one did you go with? Apologies if I missed it.. Too many threads going on at once and it's easy to mix up details. : )

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just shopping for a UV system today! Which one did you go with? Apologies if I missed it.. Too many threads going on at once and it's easy to mix up details. : )
Just a jaebo 55W if memory serves me right.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%

Back