Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat toy!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ex wife had migraines. All I could do useful was get a warm damp towel, turn out the lights and try to be quiet in another part of the house.
Hope yours are not as bad. She was miserable when she had one. She was usually up and at em and fierce. Crazy the difference it made.
Yeah, a migraine is no joke. I used to work with a guy who got them. Mind you he is a very strong man, and if he did not have his shot when he got one. He would curl up in a ball, on the ground in tears. It is not a pleasant thing to witness, let alone experience.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, migraine is shockingly debilitating.
Yes, I never realized how terrible migraines are, until I witnessed someone who experiences very bad ones. I feel extremely fortunate that I have never had to deal with them. Just imagine before there were any medicines. Eek

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you feel better.
The tank looks great but I have a lot of catching up to do.
I’m just stalking your thread to learn and maybe get a laugh once in awhile from all the great folks here.
Laughs for sure. They make me giggle about something every day.

U

User1

View Badges
holy cow the cost of soft corals has gone up sooooo dang much in the last couple years. I really want to get corals that maintain color under daylight not just actinic. so... I am working on a list.

Share the list if you don't mind :) I'm in the same boat and couldn't agree more. In fact last night I was looking at various things and one that that caught my attention is some soft or lps have increased due to the ban or are no longer offered. Fox coral was one I was looking at and most have waiting lists for small frag. Now, I'm staying away from the boutiques mind you but some of the other go-to places that are usually reliable and reasonable (should make that a rail road in monopoly :) ) are high.

Then again it just be the few corals I was looking for last night with the Fox and Japanese Weeping leather.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share the list if you don't mind :) I'm in the same boat and couldn't agree more. In fact last night I was looking at various things and one that that caught my attention is some soft or lps have increased due to the ban or are no longer offered. Fox coral was one I was looking at and most have waiting lists for small frag. Now, I'm staying away from the boutiques mind you but some of the other go-to places that are usually reliable and reasonable (should make that a rail road in monopoly :) ) are high.

Then again it just be the few corals I was looking for last night with the Fox and Japanese Weeping leather.
I am interested in having --
neon green toadstool
regular toadstool in honor of my first corals. Orange mushrooms,
green stripe mushroons,
neon yellow sinularia.
blastomussa pink and green
acanth
scoly
I would like one of each in the future for their fascinating feeding behavior and color.

Most of the zoas I want are around $10 a head.
I will add to my list as I think about it.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
I don't recall looking at the neon yellow sinularia. I just found one at aqua corals, 3" - 4" in size for 40 bucks. That isn't too bad. I may have to borrow that one from your list (if you don't mind that is :) ). However, before I add anything else I'm going to send off another water sample to ATI and also do some par measurements. My upgrade has completed its cycle back in April and I've only tried a few test corals so far but they all didn't fare too well so I've just been letting the tank mature more before I add anything.

Good list you have there. I really like that sinularia.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been watching the videos by Than at Tidal Gardens. His very chilled and relaxed feel of the videos helps me relax.
Man that new place he built is awesome too! I tried to contact him about speaking at the Buckeye Reef expo last year but couldn't get him. I think he would be an excellent speaker some day and I would really like to visit his farm.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that new place he built is awesome too! I tried to contact him about speaking at the Buckeye Reef expo last year but couldn't get him. I think he would be an excellent speaker some day and I would really like to visit his farm.
We are going to make an appointment to visit and purchase some coral after I save up a bit again. :)

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 2018
IMG_3615.JPG

November 2018
IMG_3607.JPG

@Crabs Mcjones
You offered great advise on a light for my refugium, thank you! Too early to say how long it will last, but it grows chaeto like crazy. In the second photo the mat of chaeto is floating but it is as big as it looks.
Modesto Cali does not have a great saltwater store? that seems crazy to me.
I know, right? Have to drive toward San Francisco into horrible traffic. At least 80 miles to really nice store, and pricey!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The starry blenny had enough of the yellow eye kole tang. The tang has a nice big kiss on his side to show for it. I wish I could get a picture if it.
;Blackeye
My starry blenny does that to my magnificent foxface quite regularly.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My starry blenny does that to my magnificent foxface quite regularly.
Wow. lol. That is interesting. I know they can defend themselves and a territory if needed, based on what I have read. And they can be intolerant of other blennies. But geesh, he put a whoopin on the tang. He deserved it. I hope it ends there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back