Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.png

I just absolutely loved rakies take on this subject. and had to save it forever. and I hope it is ok.

Me too.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the likes spam, another thread caught up that disappeared off my watched threads list in October.
I also suffer with wrist issues, I feel for you.
Keep up the good work. :)
I do not mind likes. I love 'em. what is not to like?
phil collins suffers wrist problems. Wish mine was from drums!
I feel for you, too. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I might wish a mack truck would run over their toes, though.
Overall my wrist have been better over the last few months due a work place changes. I avoid manually lifting patients when I can, and a better mouse and keyboard helped too. fingers crossed, knock on wood.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my power head. Reef-Power RP-M. I thought I would share unboxing photos like the big times.:)
IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_3672.JPG
An unboxing!!! ;Woot

/swoon ;Playful

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am liking it so far. Feels heavy, feels like excellent quality. The pulse mode is too strong and moves with each start.
But the nature mode has a varing random power from 30-100% and stays steady on the magnet.
The programing was not too difficult for a computer goodball.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not mind likes. I love 'em. what is not to like?
phil collins suffers wrist problems. Wish mine was from drums!
I feel for you, too. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I might wish a mack truck would run over their toes, though.
Overall my wrist have been better over the last few months due a work place changes. I avoid manually lifting patients when I can, and a better mouse and keyboard helped too. fingers crossed, knock on wood.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Najer also wishes his wrist problems were from playing drums. ;)

On a more serious note , i'm glad you are getting some relief. :)

I'm wondering, if you used some of your extra magnets (I believe you said you had some in an earlier post?) If the pulse mode would work better. Or perhaps the stock magnet just needs to be aligned perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Najer also wishes his wrist problems were from playing drums. ;)

On a more serious note , i'm glad you are getting some relief. :)

I'm wondering, if you used some of your extra magnets (I believe you said you had some in an earlier post?) If the pulse mode would work better. Or perhaps the stock magnet just needs to be aligned perfectly.
The cortisone shot was with rocephin for an ear infection and migraine. cortisone shots on my wrist are not an option because my pain in the worse wrist is related to a tumor called a schwanoma. so I live with it. But thank you for the kind, encouraging and empathetic sentiments.
The power head is recommened for glass .6 inches thick and my acrylic is .75 inches. I placed the extra magnet right away. I like the ramping up and down of the natural mode.
The reverse mode pulled some detritus from under the rock too. that was a wow moment.
It is totally silent.
It has six timing blocks you have to choose the times for and the function.
time 1-- 0700-1000 nature mode.
time 2 -- 10-11 off
time 3 -- 1100- 1600 reef mode
time 4 -- 1600-2000 constant output
time 5--2000-oooo nature mode
time 6 --0000-0700 nature mode.
I have it off from 10-11 for the Ehein feeder and soon I will change the program to include another off time for another feeding. I just wanted to get it set up asap last night.

Last edited:

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cortisone shot was with rocephin for an ear infection and migraine. cortisone shots on my wrist are not an option because my pain in the worse wrist is related to a tumor called a schwanoma. so I live with it. But thank you for the kind, encouraging and empathetic sentiments.
The power head is recommened for glass .6 inches thick and my acrylic is .75 inches. I placed the extra magnet right away. I like the ramping up and down of the natural mode.
The reverse mode pulled some detritus from under the rock too. that was a wow moment.
It is totally silent.
It has six timing blocks you have to choose the times for and the function.
time 1-- 0700-1000 nature mode.
time 2 -- 10-11 off
time 3 -- 1100- 1600 reef mode
time 4 -- 1600-2000 constant output
time 5--2000-oooo nature mode
time 6 --0000-0700 nature mode.
I have it off from 10-11 for the Ehein feeder and soon I will change the program to include another off time for another feeding. I just wanted to get it set up asap last night.
Ear infection / migraine. Yikes.. :(

Yeah I figured you had already tried the magnet. I guess I just wanted to make sure LOL. That does sound like a nice power head though.I hope it works out good for you, and it sounds like it will.

Last edited:

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat toy!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ex wife had migraines. All I could do useful was get a warm damp towel, turn out the lights and try to be quiet in another part of the house.
Hope yours are not as bad. She was miserable when she had one. She was usually up and at em and fierce. Crazy the difference it made.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks getting old(er) is all I can say. I now get my teenage sons to do all my heavy lifting (they gots to be good for something). I have multiple disc issues in my neck and back and am determined to avoid any kind of surgery (neck issue is Phil Collins problem also; too bad as I had been holding out hope for an original 5 genesis reunion tour ..... oh well). I’m using the RP-M pumps - like them a lot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back