OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fascinated that some dolphin rub against gorgonians because they secret an antimicrobial that can help prevent bacterial infections and possibly kill parasites.
So many awesome natural responses.
I saw that too. A video? An article? I think it was on a netflix blue planet documentary? I don't remember

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a video by a doctoral cadidate somewhere here on R2R that led me to the same conclusion. Wish I had saved the link.Talked about the water ejected from an atoll that was stripped of bacteria and viruses as well as other plankton. Water was flowing through a coral and clam garden!
I would love to watch that too.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a tiny video of Mr. Foxface taking a timid bite from the youngest offsprings fingers. He (youngest offspring) had to show that he was not ascairt. Mr. Foxface was a little spooked by the experience of three people standing around his tank, talking and taking his picture.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been reflecting on what has gone wrong in the past with my tanks, and trying to decide how to avoid those same mistakes. I have already suffered the same major problem. Dinos. But back then I never heard of them, no one had a clue how to treat them. forgive and forget I guess.
Right now I am seriously thinking about investing in a good UV light. I can see so many advantages. I never really used to put much stock into high tech equipment. However, I am not sure a UV light is high tech. I am gonna go chilax infront of my tank.

Last edited:

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solid plan ! I’ve found myself getting so caught up in the taking care of business side if the tank and thinking on its future I forgot to just stare at it and let my thoughts go and just enjoy the show.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video was great. I like when I can get a fish eating from my hand. My Tomini took a few bites of Nori from my hands.

I wasn’t aware that you had so many problems with fish. To be honest I think copper and other meds should only be used as a last ditch effort but most fish stores have all the evil thing in there system it’s hard not to treat. Kind of sad. I am a firm believer that live foods are beneficial keeping fish healthy.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just sitting and chilling with a martini in front of my tank. I dragged my favorite chair over, and sitting and chilling. yes, I said that already.
I am so happy to be able to enjoy watching it that I could weep.
Next to spending time with my wife, my 2nd favorite way to spend the evening is watching my tank while sipping on a margarita or some makers mark.
Even with my tanks minor issues its still incredibly rewarding knowing how hard I've worked to get it to where it is.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Foxface is going to remain in the the UV QT through my trip. I am not going to change things up right before I am going to be gone for a few days. I have been beating it into the kids heads that they have got to feed him for me. And to not let my mother in law touch any of the tanks!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Foxface is going to remain in the the UV QT through my trip. I am not going to change things up right before I am going to be gone for a few days. I have been beating it into the kids heads that they have got to feed him for me. And to not let my mother in law touch any of the tanks!
I thought the kids were going with you. You are leaving them behind? :eek:

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the kids were going with you. You are leaving them behind? :eek:
Yes! The youngest two freeloaders are too cool for WDW. So we are going alone! But actually my 24 y/o and his gf are meeting us Friday.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on call today. If I don't get called in then I will be off for almost 2 weeks. I am so excited. I am cleaning the whole house to start out on on a good foot. No chores for anyone because I am gonna do them all. FUNDAY SATURDAY! Just took a quick break to have a cup of tea, an omelette and a R2R read.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been thinking IF I had given UV sterilizer a good hard look when my 40B starting having neomeris annula everywhere, THINGS MIGHT HAVE GONE DIFFERENTLY... Prior to it popping up in my temporary tank I always believed it grew by roots. Clearly it spores or sexually reproduces because it popped up all over the 40B. A UV could probably help with that part.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we take off wed. I am giddy excited to be going to WDW and MACNA. THIS IS GONNA BE SO FUN!
I can't wait to meet you in person! I'm incredibly excited. Doing Hollywood Studios on Friday morning and evening with MACNA in the middle.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on call today. If I don't get called in then I will be off for almost 2 weeks. I am so excited. I am cleaning the whole house to start out on on a good foot. No chores for anyone because I am gonna do them all. FUNDAY SATURDAY! Just took a quick break to have a cup of tea, an omelette and a R2R read.
Did you get called in or did you make it your day? It was probably your day either way. :)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to meet you in person! I'm incredibly excited. Doing Hollywood Studios on Friday morning and evening with MACNA in the middle.
That is such a wonderful thing to say!!! I am so excited and happy to meet you too. We are goingo to EPCOT Saturday in the evening. Swan and Dolphin looks so beautiful doesn’t it?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back