OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I knew I recognized the name of that macro. LOL- I was about to buy a 10 shoot sprig of neomeris for my fuge! Based upon the ‘fact’ it’s slow growing and calcerious. Pretty looking algae.

Any idea why it turned into such a big problem for you?
I feel like you dirtied up my thread saying you wanted to intentially put it in your tank. :) Are you out of your mind? :oops: DO NOT DO IT! Did you read the beginning of my thread? Also could look for my threads on this algae. This algae prefers reef conditions. And it smells bad. It also spread like wild fire all over my temporary 40B - clearly spreads by spores, or sexually not just by deep roots as I was told. It smothered corals and pushed them over. Bleach experiments and peroxide experiments did not put a dent in it. I set up my QT as an experimental tank tofind ways to kill it. I threw all my good 11 y/o high quality LR because it always came back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those “hidden mickeys”? If your a Disney fan, you will know what i mean :)
Those dear salty friend are obvious Mickeys. The Hidden Mickey in our house is truly subtle in the true Disney spirit. Thank you taking the time to read through my thread and joining in the shenanigans.
Are you a Disney Fan then?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like you dirtied up my thread saying you wanted to intentially put it in your tank. :) Are you out of your mind? :oops: DO NOT DO IT! Did you read the beginning of my thread? Also could look for my threads on this algae. This algae prefers reef conditions. And it smells bad. It also spread like wild fire all over my temporary 40B - clearly spreads by spores, or sexually not just by deep roots as I was told. It smothered corals and pushed them over. Bleach experiments and peroxide experiments did not put a dent in it. I set up my QT as an experimental tank tofind ways to kill it. I threw all my good 11 y/o high quality LR because it always came back.

I didn’t put it into my final list because I was sure I’d read bad things about it but couldn’t find anyone having issues with it. Then the other night I read back into your thread and almost ‘pooped my britches’. I came pretty close to maybe nuking my tank. I don’t get what caused it to go so crazy in your tank. Any ideas?

Even melevs reef recommends it as a cool rare, slow growing, quiet algae for a fuge. I wonder if you got some weird tank adapted strain or maybe the opposite- a wild type nature sourced strain.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those dear salty friend are obvious Mickeys. The Hidden Mickey in our house is truly subtle in the true Disney spirit. Thank you taking the time to read through my thread and joining in the shenanigans.
Are you a Disney Fan then?
My wife and I didn't even bother looking for the hidden Mickey's this year. We did have an absolute blast drinking our way around Epcot while looking for the Chip and Dale Christmas wreathes.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I didn't even bother looking for the hidden Mickey's this year. We did have an absolute blast drinking our way around Epcot while looking for the Chip and Dale Christmas wreathes.
Chip and dale wreaths? This is a thing? :)

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hip and dale wreaths? This is a thing? :)
It is!

They gave us a sticker book to start the hunt. The stickers were stylized with each wreath. For instance, one sticker had a teddy bear and there was a teddy bear with Chip and Dale in the wreath in Canada. When you completed the sticker book you could turn it in for a Christmas postcard. It was a blast, but they were HARD to find!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROCKS WET : 16 MONTHS
TANK SET UP : 11 MONTHS
5th QT : 14 DAYS In

image.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oamag! All my trochus are spawning! My sump is foaming up. I stopped the main pump, and turned off the UV light. I will have to get it all fires up before I go out of town though.
I wonder if that is what happened to my system. Skimmer was running great when I left for work. Got a message it did an auto shutoff from pulling too much skimmate. grrrrr

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12
I got some easy to measure and feed foods for my teenagers to feed Mr. Foxface while I am at MACNA. Just typing that gave me a happy!
The NLS I have is very tiny and Mr. Foxface loses them. No Chromaboost available locally so I got this stuff instead. He went crazy for them this morning even grabbing them from the aquarium bottom. Pretty cool response but Hikari main ingredient? Fish meal. Ugh!

IMG_4483.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back