OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This serpent stay is definately being weird.
IMG_4484.JPG

First he has been up in the rock and hisbelly is exposed. Kinda like he is going fishing...

IMG_4492.JPG

Then he is inder the rocks doing that. 10 minutes later the big slit is a hole and it looks a lot like lots of food pellets are visible.
Never seen this before. Hope he is not dying.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oamag! All my trochus are spawning! My sump is foaming up. I stopped the main pump, and turned off the UV light. I will have to get it all fired up before I go out of town though.
I wonder if that is what happened to my system. Skimmer was running great when I left for work. Got a message it did an auto shutoff from pulling too much skimmate. grrrrr
Came home and my skimmer cup was just starting to over flow. Wonder if that was my cause. Skimmer cup has been filling up faster lately so maybe not.

Tank looks very nice.
I love the serpent star hope he is ok

U

User1

View Badges
I just saw a trochus snail spawning in my Aquarium is still doing it it is awesome maybe I can get a video

You lighting a room full of candles ??? Last time that happened to me 9 months later I had a baby girl ;)

I have had my snails and rose bubble tips spawn at the same time. Second time it happened it was so bad the water looked like it was full of 2% milk :( Few fish had difficulty breathing so had to do an emergency water change. Turned off skimmer since it wasn't helping. Also had to quickly fill up carbon holder to clear what the water change didn't.

Those snails do that a lot and if they all do it at the same time look out. Side note I think our tanks are about the same age give or take a month or two. April 15th 2018 is when I consolidated my tanks for the upgrade. So what, 16 months? It is just now starting to accept corals and the algae all under control.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Victoria M
IOU one FTS.
According to the light schedule, you will get one before the market opens.

(That is 9:30am ET for you muggles).

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey hey Victoria :) Serpents pretty big never get yo see that much of mine. Maybe his contortions are part of chowing down?
The serpent star is still alive from what I can see. He is more hidden under the rock than yesterday.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The serpent star is still alive from what I can see. He is more hidden under the rock than yesterday.
I'm not even sure if my serpent star is still alive. Haven't seen him in months and he has never come out on the rock like yours.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even sure if my serpent star is still alive. Haven't seen him in months and he has never come out on the rock like yours.
That is how my old serpent stars were. But this tank with its naked rock is probably not a buffet of good food.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This serpent stay is definately being weird.
IMG_4484.JPG

First he has been up in the rock and hisbelly is exposed. Kinda like he is going fishing...

IMG_4492.JPG

Then he is inder the rocks doing that. 10 minutes later the big slit is a hole and it looks a lot like lots of food pellets are visible.
Never seen this before. Hope he is not dying.
Looks like a predator from the abyss! I bet there are fangs inside..

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back