Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neilp2006 I tried to make a stockman stand pipe. Almost over flowed my tank. I think I need a larger pipe over the holes.

Sorry, been distracted and missed this! I apologise

Stockman? Or gurgle buster?

I only use it in that one drain in my settling tank. It’s a safety overflow for the 1” siphon into my skimmer/ filter chamber. I sized it at 1 1/2” compared to the siphon. Idea is to run it like the secondary on a BA, so just a trickle. I need to add a gate valve to that siphon to regulate if a bit- right now the water level fluctuates as the siphon sucks air, then purges etc. I actually could do without the mushroom, but when I installed it I was pushing half the flow through it. It needed silencing then.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4543.JPG

The bright green algae/bacteria mat is new.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the mushroom was too narrow to allow enough flow. I can not get it off, so I am waiting till my husband can get it off for me. Then I will place the standpipe in the weir to see if there were enough holes. Then add a slightly larger mushroom/cap.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no. I read about that somewhere? A deficiency of some sort? I can not remember.

Although it did fall off a rock and ended up upside down. I figured it would move but it seems to have stayed like that since yesterday. I flipped it with a stick and it’s bald on top now.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not take many pictures at MACNA. I was just overwhelmed. It was so awesome. I will be attending more events like this for sure.
Brew aka Steve and I were going thru the display floor to catch the couple things I missed when we saw this mangrove display. It was just so lovely.

73D237F6-3E29-4E72-BA7B-554704E3E790.jpeg

34ED8215-A11F-4AAE-90FD-E9248F1C87BA.jpeg

U

User1

View Badges
I like the mangroves. I'm trying to find a way to add some into my system. Once I'm happy with what it is doing and then finish the room I may try and plumb in a tank under the window just for them. We shall see.

Not only are you a nurse with super powers and a Disney fan also a beautiful young woman if your husband doesn't mind us giving you a complement.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mangrove was in fresh water. The guy who was working the booth said it had to be dosed, and that the mangrove actually grew better in freshwater. Not sure if any of what he said was true. But I would certainly do the research if I were going to copy that set up. It really was pretty.

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks for the info.

With regards to photo - Disneyland. It is expected to be that way when we visit :) My better half enters and doesn't leave until after they force her out... So yeah, fully understand and get the feeling. But part of the fun :) Florida though - well, the humidity doesn't help any for sure. At least in Southern California it is a dry heat...

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.

With regards to photo - Disneyland. It is expected to be that way when we visit :) My better half enters and doesn't leave until after they force her out... So yeah, fully understand and get the feeling. But part of the fun :) Florida though - well, the humidity doesn't help any for sure. At least in Southern California it is a dry heat...
We are planning a big California trip next summer with the two youngest sons. Youngest will be 15, and middle child will be having his 18th birthday on the trip. We will be visiting Disneyland for sure. We might start in Palm Springs because it is like Mars, and I think the boys would enjoy seeing it. then Planning Disneyland for two days. Then drive up the coast to stay at a beachtown for two 2-3 days to tidepool then up to San Fransisco for 2 days. My husband said San Fran has been over run with homeless folks living in tents on sidewalks and human filth everywhere? So that might impact our plans. Then over to Yosemite for a couple days.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you had a wonderful time on vacation. The mangrove is impressive I couldn’t imagine seeing in person.

My exact thought when I saw them
The mangrove was beautiful, and simple. So simple it probabaly was super challenging to make it look so pretty. Like bonsai trees. lol.
Thanks about the duncan.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back