Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I have posted all I have! It was all I took! It was overwhelmimg to me, truly. I was having vertigo and the carpet visuals were making it worse, and my mental processing capacity plummets with vertigo. It is weird. I have a few Star Wars photos?

Just giving you a hard time ;) glad you guy’s had a great trip! I have had that happen to me so I can relate.. they remodeled a warehouse store near me that I shopped for decades, they put down this red checkered carpet and changed up the isle’s making almost a maze like layout with many of them running at a 45 deg angle from the front of store, about 15 minutes in me and my daughter where heading for the door ready to spew.. lol Funny how it effected both of us, we even called and complained.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just giving you a hard time ;) glad you guy’s had a great trip! I have had that happen to me so I can relate.. they remodeled a warehouse store near me that I shopped for decades, they put down this red checkered carpet and changed up the isle’s making almost a maze like layout with many of them running at a 45 deg angle from the front of store, about 15 minutes in me and my daughter where heading for the door ready to spew.. lol Funny how it effected both of us, we even called and complained.
Weird aquarium folks...we gotta stick together. I kept squinting my eyes trying to block out the carpet. lol

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12
I was going to paste a small article by the national museum of science for you but then I figured the research maniac in you would get curious and start churning up info and we would have several excellent articles for reference in no time at all. :) you will soon be clarifying our misconceptions.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12
I was going to place a small article by rge national museum of science for you but then I figured the research maniac in you will have several articles for reference in no time at all. :) you will soon be clarifying our misconceptions.
I've never even considered mangroves so I've done no research at all. I'm ignorant on them.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL. I was kidding you (you say you are a self diagnosed research junkie) when you study something you really get it inside and out. So here is something short to get you started so you can help me when I copy that mangrove set up.

kaxt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great thread! It took me a month or two to get through it, but I just finished reading your entire build. The cabinetry is amazing. I built something similar for my brother a while back.

Sorry if I missed it, but was it the neomeris that made you decide to completely start over or did something wipe out your fish as well? Was just curious.

Your picture of the MACNA mangrove tank is awesome. I tried to grow a few a while back but they never took off for me in my sump.

Again, great thread- and great commentary from your followers, many good laughs. I also really enjoyed the few page discussion about QT/treating new fish. The fact that you were all able to have a civil conversation while none of you were completely on the same page was great. You don't see that very often. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you are educating yourself and trying your best, each individual's practice is their own choice. There is no right answer- and finding a group to support each other this way is not easy.

Sorry my post was all over. I had to catch up with close to 3k posts.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great thread! It took me a month or two to get through it, but I just finished reading your entire build. The cabinetry is amazing. I built something similar for my brother a while back.

Sorry if I missed it, but was it the neomeris that made you decide to completely start over or did something wipe out your fish as well? Was just curious.

Your picture of the MACNA mangrove tank is awesome. I tried to grow a few a while back but they never took off for me in my sump.

Again, great thread- and great commentary from your followers, many good laughs. I also really enjoyed the few page discussion about QT/treating new fish. The fact that you were all able to have a civil conversation while none of you were completely on the same page was great. You don't see that very often. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you are educating yourself and trying your best, each individual's practice is their own choice. There is no right answer- and finding a group to support each other this way is not easy.

Sorry my post was all over. I had to catch up with close to 3k posts.
What a truly wonderful thing to say! Thank you for reading my thread and posting such kind comments. You are welcome to join these QT practice discussions, if you like. I am sure there will be more as I continue to stock the tank. Now that I am back to work I will have a couple QT going at a time perhaps.
Even though the folks who follow & comment in my thread do not all follow the same QT practice they give great advice and are fantastic to bounce ideas off of and help me trouble shoot issues. They seek information and I admire them greatly. And make me laugh my butt off.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH
Just a couple pictures showing how I make these little doohickeys.

9E393A9E-DAD2-4C14-A496-E265810C9DFD.jpeg

FCAEE298-EB23-49E1-8185-3A579A051BEA.jpeg

21349F17-4404-4DAB-BC0C-9E4A680B106C.jpeg

24A29484-B642-4556-9DFE-800EA9725BE2.jpeg

I made Josh “custom” made thingy thing. He has a eurobrace so I made him one like mine. I get the acrylic sheets from Lowes and sometimes it behaves differently. This time the bend did not happen smoothly. I tried another one but it was the same. Today they both get mailed, one is shorter than the other.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH
Just a couple pictures showing how I make these little doohickeys.

9E393A9E-DAD2-4C14-A496-E265810C9DFD.jpeg

FCAEE298-EB23-49E1-8185-3A579A051BEA.jpeg

21349F17-4404-4DAB-BC0C-9E4A680B106C.jpeg

24A29484-B642-4556-9DFE-800EA9725BE2.jpeg

I made Josh “custom” made thingy thing. He has a eurobrace so I made him one like mine. I get the acrylic sheets from Lowes and sometimes it behaves differently. This time the bend did not happen smoothly. I tried another one but it was the same. Today they both get mailed, one is shorter than the other.

Those look SO cool! I guess I need to hurry up and get some fish in my tank so they can enjoy them! I can't wait to get my hands on these and check them out:D

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, thanks Vic! But it’s not necessary- I broke down and got a couple magnetic clips.

Thanks though!

remind me- younrunning an apex?
Oh yeah I totally forgot you got those cool magnets.
No Apex or other controller so far. Sometimes I think about it though. Then back away because of the cost. lol.

Back