OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a skimz up36 available used. I am tempted to just accept the small sump and give up on improving mine. All the acrylic work that is needed is just outside of my skill set, and I dont own the tools needed to do a nice cut. I am just not sure what to do. I think I will go look at this sump and maybe by seeing it in person I can rule it out, then I wont be grieving over it.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Skimz sump was a total bust. But the good news is that my chief aquarium support staff member has gotten behind the sump redo and is helping me brain storm ideas to improve it. Mainly he figured out he already had a proper blade to cut my acrylic on his new Dewalt radial arm saw. I am super stoked!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You fell off my watches list ugh. With experience comes patients. I’m still lacking but feel I have improved greatly. Longer the wait for the new fish adds to the excitement when the day comes I think.
That is the lie we tell ourselves so that we can brag about how patient we are being. lol. When really we are just moving s l o w.
Nah, I kid. I have learned to embrace the waiting part of reefing. One can tell by my photos. I have a fraction of the coral and fish that tanks of a similar age, but I have been doing this for 13 years now. I am good with slow and steady.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back