VIDEO: The COR is finally here

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that the limiting factor is that the pump must be able to have the PSI to push the water through the constricted pipe. Larger diameter pipes are almost universally better. Again, think about it this way, would you rather drink a milkshake through a 10' 1/2" pipe or a coffee stirrer of the same length? Of course there is theoretically an amount of work that can be performed to get the same flow rate between the two diameters, but clearly one will be far easier.
Terence off this subject but qwill there be a lot of these pumps delivered soon in January, My tank will b e delivered about around the 10th and If I can't get it then I will go with sicce had good luck with them

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence off this subject but qwill there be a lot of these pumps delivered soon in January, My tank will b e delivered about around the 10th and If I can't get it then I will go with sicce had good luck with them
COR are scheduled to start leaving our dock bound for the dealers in the 2nd week of January.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will probably sound stupid, but basically smaller diameter pipe = more pressure but less flow (better for distance?), wider diameter, just the opposite?
It does seem like that in a way. I redid my plumbing diameter 3 times. I started with 3/4". After playing with a flow calculator I ended up with 2". It's a huge difference. Not only will the pump work considerably less harder, but you can get the flow you need out of a smaller pump. Run the biggest you can get away with.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back