Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, very nice.

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish it didn't come out right before Christmas. I'm broke☹. So I have to wait till next Thursday when i get paid. Hopefully I'll still be able to pre-order one

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the cor 20 in real world application for several months. It replaced a mag drive 24 AC pump for my basement sump application. It's not only ridiculously quiet, but surprisingly it's only running at 70%. Like Terence said, plumbing diameter makes such a difference. It's a great pump, only takes a minutes to figure it out, and I'm glad it's hitting the market.

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish they would come out with a stronger/bigger pump for us large tank guys who's sump is in the basement and need 3,000gph or more

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome....I am definitely buying the COR-15....can't wait for it!

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So buy 2-3 and run in succession or separate? If replacing a hammerhead or something similar? Or iwaki md100rlt where it needs to go up 1 floor plus any sort of run?

Corey

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed BRS they got back to me fast, they are expecting to get both pumps in by January 10th. I don't know yet when my tank will deliver, and I am not sure if I should buy them or wait and see.

deaniscool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the cor 20 in real world application for several months. It replaced a mag drive 24 AC pump for my basement sump application. It's not only ridiculously quiet, but surprisingly it's only running at 70%. Like Terence said, plumbing diameter makes such a difference. It's a great pump, only takes a minutes to figure it out, and I'm glad it's hitting the market.

This will probably sound stupid, but basically smaller diameter pipe = more pressure but less flow (better for distance?), wider diameter, just the opposite?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that the limiting factor is that the pump must be able to have the PSI to push the water through the constricted pipe. Larger diameter pipes are almost universally better. Again, think about it this way, would you rather drink a milkshake through a 10' 1/2" pipe or a coffee stirrer of the same length? Of course there is theoretically an amount of work that can be performed to get the same flow rate between the two diameters, but clearly one will be far easier.

deaniscool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that the limiting factor is that the pump must be able to have the PSI to push the water through the constricted pipe. Larger diameter pipes are almost universally better. Again, think about it this way, would you rather drink a milkshake through a 10' 1/2" pipe or a coffee stirrer of the same length? Of course there is theoretically an amount of work that can be performed to get the same flow rate between the two diameters, but clearly one will be far easier.

Thank you for dumbing it down for me :)! I ordered mine the day they came out, can’t wait to start hard plumbing my RS250! You made my decision to go with 1” pipe instead of 3/4” now.

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the last portion into the tank out of the loc line? Isn't that 3/4'' inch and does that last bit have a negative effect if you use 1'' everywhere else?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back