Vinegar dosing asking for help

Tray333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping some can advise me about vinegar dosing.
So let me start off by saying I appreciate any help anyone can offer, and I have not been great at husbandry and now I have a big problem with my 250 reef bare bottom ultra low nutrient (lol). It has been set up since Dec 2019, and I have had nothing but problems mostly with it. I have been in this hobby since the late 80’s and this was supposed to be my dream tank. Along with overpopulation of expensive fish and over feeding, Dinoflagellates that crashed everything that was sps, lps and only left leathers, mushroom, fish, snails, and anemone. I know that including my sump my total water is exactly 200 gallons, I checked it with meter after it was initially set up. Of course some soft coral have grown and I know it’s not exactly 200 now but close. It seems that the leathers, softies and fish are not bothered to much with the dangerous high No3 and No4 in my tank. They are all growing out of control. My Nitrates are at off the api scale, and Po4 is so high it maxed out (200) Hana ppb . It has been like this for several month and I looked Mr. Randy’s vinegar dosing post and started with daily 30 mils . I have been doing bi monthly 60 gallon water changes . However test results have been the same.
Any suggestions of how much I should be dosing? And how long I should give it before giving up?
Thank you for you time,

Reef - Tripp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back