Viparspectra 165 board replacement help

h4wk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my rig gave up and the light fell into the water :( Luckily everything survived since it didn't completely submerge.
And even the leds work but the board inside has been corroded by the salt water and all leds seem to be on on 100% when I power it and I'm unable to change it.

I was thinking of buying a new box and keeping this one as replacement parts but I was also thinking that there has to be a way to replace just this board that doesn't cost as much.
I did some research but couldn't find or understand if what I found would work.

Anyone here has experience with this? Or can point me to the right direction? :)

SB Reef Lights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use our RETROFIT UPGRADE PCB BOARD - REEF SPECTRUM

5.JPG

OP
OP
h4wk

h4wk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use our RETROFIT UPGRADE PCB BOARD - REEF SPECTRUM

5.JPG
Does it come with this part? Or is this called with some other name? Since the lights seem to work and it is only the timer and the percentage setting not working I assumed this is the culprit

Attachments

• 20210716_182502.jpg
    20210716_182502.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 85

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it come with this part? Or is this called with some other name? Since the lights seem to work and it is only the timer and the percentage setting not working I assumed this is the culprit
No idea what it's officially called but looks like the brain board and it looks pretty salty.

And sb reef will diode board will not come with it.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
call viparspectra directly, great people in China but ship those out of the usa. They helped me buy 3 for 10 bucks a board. I dropped mine in just like you and needed to replace that board. Sometimes I get a moonlight simulation from my driver. I had to take it a part [cover off] and use a hair dryer for 10 minutes to get it to work.

SB Reef Lights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our PCB Board doesn't come with the part. It's a timer controller board.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m sure you figured out what to do by now but I ordered mine directly from viparspectra off of eBay and I had an electrical issue in the room my tank is in long story short my board got messed up inside of the vipar and I reached out and they are sending me a board with all of the leds already installed. They didn’t even question anything they said no problem asked if my address changed and told me to look out for a tracking number soon.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And viparspectra will sell it for 10 bucks if contacted directly. great guys!!!!!
Yes they really are I have the new board now and they had all of the leds on it they replaced all of the lenses and it came with the rubber seal around the edge. It shipped super fast also. The woman I was speaking to was awesome too! I’m really happy with the company all around. Highly recommend

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep they even replaced my ocean revive timing led boards for 10 each. So if anyone didn't know, they share the same electronics
Very cool thanks for that info I didn’t know that! how is your growth with the ocean revive? I never got a chance to use those fixtures but at one point I was looking for one to buy but couldn’t find them anywhere

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try and troubleshoot it in the meantime like spraying it with isopropyl alcohol and dissolve the cruds and blow some air on it to dry it.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool thanks for that info I didn’t know that! how is your growth with the ocean revive? I never got a chance to use those fixtures but at one point I was looking for one to buy but couldn’t find them anywhere
In my 210g 30 inch deep at 10% blue and 1% white my growth is amazing. At 70% it burned coral

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are interested in lights, you can participate in our giveaway event. The entrance is in my signature;)

If you want to buy lights, you can check our BRAND ONLINE, double discount 15%*25% DISCOUNT

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE SHOT that’s a pretty sick picture. Did you use your phone to take that or do you have a camera?
that’s awesome tho I’ve heard good things about those lights. Yea I’ve been there before with having the lighting waaaaaay too bright for the frags! Once the hobby transitioned over to leds being the main light source for reef tanks sometimes it seriously felt like I was starting all over again with this hobby! Lol

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are interested in lights, you can participate in our giveaway event. The entrance is in my signature;)

If you want to buy lights, you can check our BRAND ONLINE, double discount 15%*25% DISCOUNT
Sick dude I’ll have to check you guys out. Do you guys mainly focus on manufacturing led fixtures?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back