ViparSpectra 300w on 40 breeder

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered for my 40 breeder and was wondering if anyone else has the same lighting and has done PAR measurements. Im currently running T5 4 lamps. 2 blue,1 violet,1white and have all 4 kick on from 1130-430pm and just a white and blue before and after ramp up but I don't think the 24 in fixture is providing enough so I ordered the 31.5 vipar.i already have hanging chains setup so I can get whichever distance from the water level and gravel levels.thx in advance and Appreciate the help.i currently have kenya,mushrooms,toadstools,zoas,gsp,anaacropora.birdsnest.3 rbta,3 clowns,scopa tang

20210526_213659.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the challenges is getting them far enough away without getting too much light spillage into the room (maybe add shades?). I have (2) 165w ViparSpectras over a 75g and they are turned way down. I haven't used the 300w so I can't give you a definite answer to your question, but I'm concerned that they are going to be too strong for a relatively shallow tank like the 40b. Good luck with whatever you choose and let us know what you find out!

OP
OP
Islandvib3s

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the challenges is getting them far enough away without getting too much light spillage into the room (maybe add shades?). I have (2) 165w ViparSpectras over a 75g and they are turned way down. I haven't used the 300w so I can't give you a definite answer to your question, but I'm concerned that they are going to be too strong for a relatively shallow tank like the 40b. Good luck with whatever you choose and let us know what you find out!
Yea the tanks 36in L and the fixture is 31.5in L so I should have some room for adjustments. I already have a chain setup that I'm using for 4 T5s but im looking to add more sps so I needed something stronger and adjustable. Hopefully they add the photone app soon there wasn't much of a choice for a 36in tank for fixtures,I wanted to keep the T5s but then I'd have overhang 12inches no thanks lol and the energy consumption and replacement bulbs so I just pulled the trigger on this.

Back