jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I just wanted to make a post really quick that I feel needs to be put out into the reefing world.

im not here to argue about lighting or which is the best Lux / par wise. I just wanna say that on my most recent tank build. (40b 20L sump / fuge)
I went ahead and just bought a viparspectra because I planned on modding it and changing a lot of the diodes and I did 120 degree lenses and left a couple 90degree lenses on a few diodes.

Im in a new home and the aquarium room had an electrical issue and long story short somehow the light got affected. I had an electrician come out the issue was the outlets in the room. But the viparspectras diodes and board must have fried throughout this problem.

I’m posting this because I see a lot of ppl on here arguing about black box vs name brand (personally I use both types through out my 4 different systems) but I always see ppl end up saying that you will never get the same type of customer service that ai or echo tech will provide. I found that to be very untrue because I was past the return point on this fixture and I had opened the box myself and on top of all of it the board was modded. I ordered directly from viparspectra on eBay. I figured I reach out and tell them what happened. A woman wrote back to me within 10 minutes and said “not a problem don’t even worry about it. I’m sorry you had that happen and I hope that everyone and the tank is safe” I told her the tanks good I’m just lacking the right amount of light coverage needed now. She asked if my caress was still the same and the shipped a new light board diodes and reflectors immediately and i had the new gear in 3 days.

no charges fast shipping and I voided the warranty on my light to top it all off. I don’t see why ppl assume they won’t help you out in a bad situation. Honestly that was better than when I had issues with aqua illumination! The only reason my problem with ai got solved is because I originally purchased through bulk reef and they ended up handing the issue long story short. So don’t judge a book by it’s cover. Black box or not don’t be afraid of this company. I ended up in a bad spot and they handled the issue very fast and the woman that helped me was very nice the whole time. Her name was Alice and she made my day because here I was thinking that I was going to have to dish out money for a whole new setup.
Just wanted to share that on here quick! I’m happy with viparspectra. Don’t believe all of the hype online. customer service was top notch!

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys helped me with my 5 year old lights, sold me the needed parts for almost free. GREAT COMPANY. have not had trouble with jebao either

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I just wanted to make a post really quick that I feel needs to be put out into the reefing world.

im not here to argue about lighting or which is the best Lux / par wise. I just wanna say that on my most recent tank build. (40b 20L sump / fuge)
I went ahead and just bought a viparspectra because I planned on modding it and changing a lot of the diodes and I did 120 degree lenses and left a couple 90degree lenses on a few diodes.

Im in a new home and the aquarium room had an electrical issue and long story short somehow the light got affected. I had an electrician come out the issue was the outlets in the room. But the viparspectras diodes and board must have fried throughout this problem.

I’m posting this because I see a lot of ppl on here arguing about black box vs name brand (personally I use both types through out my 4 different systems) but I always see ppl end up saying that you will never get the same type of customer service that ai or echo tech will provide. I found that to be very untrue because I was past the return point on this fixture and I had opened the box myself and on top of all of it the board was modded. I ordered directly from viparspectra on eBay. I figured I reach out and tell them what happened. A woman wrote back to me within 10 minutes and said “not a problem don’t even worry about it. I’m sorry you had that happen and I hope that everyone and the tank is safe” I told her the tanks good I’m just lacking the right amount of light coverage needed now. She asked if my caress was still the same and the shipped a new light board diodes and reflectors immediately and i had the new gear in 3 days.

no charges fast shipping and I voided the warranty on my light to top it all off. I don’t see why ppl assume they won’t help you out in a bad situation. Honestly that was better than when I had issues with aqua illumination! The only reason my problem with ai got solved is because I originally purchased through bulk reef and they ended up handing the issue long story short. So don’t judge a book by it’s cover. Black box or not don’t be afraid of this company. I ended up in a bad spot and they handled the issue very fast and the woman that helped me was very nice the whole time. Her name was Alice and she made my day because here I was thinking that I was going to have to dish out money for a whole new setup.
Just wanted to share that on here quick! I’m happy with viparspectra. Don’t believe all of the hype online. customer service was top notch!
I am a happy viparspectra user too. I used 2 viparspectra 300 with modding on my 210 gal. All my SPS, LPS and fish are happy and healthy. My lighting cost me about $600. If I go for the brand name, it is easily over $3000. The extra money I saved, I can fill up with lots of fancy SPS

OP
OP
jtone_philthy_aquatics

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat, Aquaknight lights and Jebao pumps/wavemakers lol
Haha Hey aqua knights are pretty awesome lights also! I set up a nano zoa and mushroom tank for my grandmother and used the V2 and that tank is doing great I have some nice lps in their as well. I actually really like my jebao cross flow it’s the cp-90 and that think creates some nice movement!

OP
OP
jtone_philthy_aquatics

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a happy viparspectra user too. I used 2 viparspectra 300 with modding on my 210 gal. All my SPS, LPS and fish are happy and healthy. My lighting cost me about $600. If I go for the brand name, it is easily over $3000. The extra money I saved, I can fill up with lots of fancy SPS
That’s awesome I really like the look of the 300watt!! Good stuff tho bro I have to check out your profile do you have pics of the 210?! I’d love to see the system. I wish I had a 210 lol one day!!
For sure tho it would be so expensive!! You made the right choice in my books! I just don’t find it to be completely necessary to spend that much just on the lighting. Some ppl have that kind of money to blow and that’s cool but that’s just not realistic for most people. Like you said the lights work great and that leaves more cash for frags! …. Plus I love the fact that I can just open this fixture up and change the spectrum myself! That’s pretty much a hobby in itself lol that to me is a lot of fun and you really do end up learning a lot about diodes spectrum par/ Lux / pur and soldering. It’s a really cool route to take in this hobby

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome I really like the look of the 300watt!! Good stuff tho bro I have to check out your profile do you have pics of the 210?! I’d love to see the system. I wish I had a 210 lol one day!!
For sure tho it would be so expensive!! You made the right choice in my books! I just don’t find it to be completely necessary to spend that much just on the lighting. Some ppl have that kind of money to blow and that’s cool but that’s just not realistic for most people. Like you said the lights work great and that leaves more cash for frags! …. Plus I love the fact that I can just open this fixture up and change the spectrum myself! That’s pretty much a hobby in itself lol that to me is a lot of fun and you really do end up learning a lot about diodes spectrum par/ Lux / pur and soldering. It’s a really cool route to take in this hobby
Yep. I open up each fixture and change out about 15 white LED to blue and violet color as well as putting a diffuser. No disco effect on the light anymore and I can turn up the blue and white without burning any of the coral. I will post some pictures when I get home tonight.

majorthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What route did you use to contact them? I’m getting my emails kicked back, it’s been three days and no one has responded to my Facebook message and trying to contact them on the website directly doesn’t seem to work. I’m having almost exactly the same issue you had taken care of and yet I can’t get in contact with anyone.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you will get much help from them. You pay what you get. Don't get me wrong, I absoultly think the LED fixture is a good one and I have no complain about it. Once you have the modification, it is as good as the brand name LED fixture which is about 4 time more expensive.

wattson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

curious if you have direct email that you used for Viper customer service ?

Back