Visiting Charleston,...

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

I will be spending the weekend in Charleston/Mount Pleasant area and would like to know if there are any fish stores I should visit?

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one I really know of is Tideline Aquatics up in Hanahan/North Charleston. Will be a couple traffic lights off of I26 on your way into Charleston. But I haven't been there in ages so can't speak to it's condition lately. It's pretty much been the staple LFS in Charleston for decades like Fishy Business in Columbia. Never had a complaint about it when I've been before. Nice staff, clean tanks, lots of stock that usually beats what we have in Columbia, etc. But can't say recently. I honestly don't know of any others down there. SC is a very dead state IMO as far as LFS and aquarium related stuff goes, shame. Maybe Charleston members know of a hole in the wall I don't, in which case I'd like to!

EDIT: Forgot Joe Knows Reefs! That would be your best must stop location.

I wouldn't say any are like MUST stop locations, but if you are coming down I26 through Columbia, Fishy Business is located right where 126 splits from I26 right past the I20 interchange. Anything else would be a pretty large detour here in town. Aquatic Kingdom a fairly new LFS is located on the other side of town. If you need to order something from Aquarium Specialty the detour to get local pickup may be worth it.

Otherwise I'd say enjoy the trip, you aren't missing much LFS wise!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back