Visitng the Big Island in Hawaii in June Any Tips?

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be going to Kailua-Kona Hawaii in June!:bigsmile: I have been there once before several years ago and had a great time! I loved Hapuna beach and seeing the volcanoes and driving around the island. I had a great time snorkeling and seeing the sea turtles. Any body have any insider tips?

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak about the big island, but last year we went to Oahu, Maui and Kauai. Steer clear of Oahu and Kauai. Kauai was very pretty and green but far to many chickens that roam free, and Oahu is to busy. Maui was perfect! Try snorkeling the molokini crater! They have an awesome ocean center on Maui as well.

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the same thing! Maui has the most to offer all around as far as nightlife and nature. Kuaui is mostly nature while Oahu is a big city atmosphere with a little nature. But of course this does not answer the OP's questions.....

I cant speak about the big island, but last year we went to Oahu, Maui and Kauai. Steer clear of Oahu and Kauai. Kauai was very pretty and green but far to many chickens that roam free, and Oahu is to busy. Maui was perfect! Try snorkeling the molokini crater! They have an awesome ocean center on Maui as well.

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Glenn

Reefer and Model Railroad
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did a helicopter from Hilo over the volcanoes and a day at the beach (snorkelling) in Kona - both were terrific adventures for our first visit to Hawai'i (we were on a seven day cruise) but our next cruise visit will be 'rent a car and drive, drive, drive.' What a beautiful place to visit !

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should go take some underwater pictures of the massive schools of yellow tangs! I unfortunately don't have tips personally but my wife sure had fun snorkeling around the Maui area.

Be sure not to give Snorkel Bob any of your hard earned cash...lol.

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing to do, might sound sketchy at first but night dive with manta rays. You can either scuba or snorkel, you can set it up through the dive shops online its just amazing

OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will keep them in mind! Keep them coming!

Back