Vivid Aquarium Confetti Acro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a top-down that probably shows its colors much better than the front shot.

Anybody else getting a hint of aqua on the base on their confettis? I'm not getting the green polyps just yet but I think it needs to be more colony sized like Gigems before that shows.

IMG_20180312_223936.jpg

I'm getting the aquablue. I'll post a pic in a bit

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good! I thought I was the only person! I posted the picture and there was radio silence. [emoji23]
I'm getting the aquablue also. Mine is still small but finally got some branches shooting up. I posted a pic on my thread but I need a top down shot to really see it. I'll get on the pc later and post it over here also.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm beginning to think that it needs to be a mini colony before it looks great

That’s what I’m thinking. As a frag it just looks like another plain Jane red acro and for me it’s hard to justify $300-400 on another plain looking frag

JustSomeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original colony from the fb pictures they posted looks like the color has changed. When I saw this coral in person it had bright purples and oranges now it looks like it's getting more green and yellow and losing the orange.

My frag is still in a very slow recovery after barely even surviving. I'm hoping it takes the colors it had when I first saw the confetti.

mpsteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original still looks the same they said they have a diff one under higher lighting that has these diff colors I believe

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they have several different colonies of the confetti all under different intensity of light. Here is another pic they posted of it and it looks totally different from the other two. It does seem it needs to be a colony to start to get that nice color contrast.
30171230_10216385479336722_410154751387806782_o.jpg

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both beautiful colonies. This illustrates why it's so difficult to get a piece to look exactly like a picture you see in someone else's tank. Even the slightest difference in lighting, flow, water parameters can result in a much different overall look.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics everyone! Seems like a good grower, I’m going to try to get my hands on a frag.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gig 'em How big is yours now? It's got to be huge.

I'll have to take a picture when I get back home later this week, but it hasn't grown as much. It's starting to hit other corals on either side so I think that has something to do with it. I'm in the process of clearing out a space lower down in the tank for it where it can have more room to grow and slightly lower PAR.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back