Vivid Aquarium Confetti Acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter FarmerTy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I got mine from them about three months ago and it's encrusting very nicely. Seems to be hardy.

Back right is the confetti.

That's a WD in front and an AquaSD rainbow Millie next to it.

The mother colony at Vivid is stunning. I was drawn to it immediately.

IMG_8277.JPG
 
I got mine from them about three months ago and it's encrusting very nicely. Seems to be hardy.

Back right is the confetti.

That's a WD in front and an AquaSD rainbow Millie next to it.

The mother colony at Vivid is stunning. I was drawn to it immediately.

IMG_8277.JPG
Thanks for sharing a picture of it! It looks great!
 
This is an insanely beautiful coral, and the price for a smidgeon size is insane as well. Tough to justify the ridiculous prices of some of the corals out there these days, especially Acros when many are so delicate. Perhaps at some point common sense will rule again and fair pricing practices will return to the market.
 
I see the seller post on Facebook that if you put it in high light it will turn all pink.
 
I have some gel filters coming next week so I'll take some Walt Disney style actinic pictures for those that like that stuff.
Try the Snapseed app on your iPhone if you have one. You don't need no stinking gels.

Simply take a photo and open in snapseed. Go to "tune image" and jack up the warmth setting to around 50. Same results as an orange gel.
 
Ok, as promised...Here is a picture of my Confetti under T5+LED. I acquired it from Vivid Aquariums back in May 2017. It has turned really pink with a green rim around the edges. It is growing fast by rapidly encrusting! :)

0cZdpj.jpg
 
That's a beauty for sure!
 
What's the consensus so far on this acropora? Is coloring as expected? It's great to see some have purchased it at a great price. Now it's upwards of $400.
But has anyone honestly colored it as the first pics that were taken that caused all the hype?
 
What's the consensus so far on this acropora? Is coloring as expected? It's great to see some have purchased it at a great price. Now it's upwards of $400.
But has anyone honestly colored it as the first pics that were taken that caused all the hype?
I'd say too early to tell but unlike the WD, this one looks great under regular lighting too for me.

Here's a white light picture shared on Facebook. It obviously has a little extra juice on the saturation button but you can at least tell it looks good under whites as well.

ad2911522f970c6e519eeccd6b202f35.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new