Vortec Mp40 placement

Joe Batt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
495
Reaction score
284
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am adding 4x MP40 to my Waterbox 230.6.

The intention is 1 at either end forward of centre and reasonably high (red positions) and either 1 either end at the back low down (blue positions) or rear wall low down pointing forward.

The aquascape is pretty open.

Any suggestions as to other positioning and flow patterns?
4E36131F-6982-45DC-8F2A-57F80213B744.jpeg
5FE2EB99-93B5-4F72-9A44-F76D2E6150AF.jpeg
 
Either will work. If it we're me, I'd do the high and low on the sides.
On my 8' 240 gallon SPS tank, I have (2) 60's high like your Red position,
And (2) 40's relatively close to your Blue position. Works out well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new