Vortech ate my clownfish

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from dinner tonight to a strange sound in my tank. Once I got close my heart dropped, my female davinci clown was spinning around inside my vortech. I have no idea how she swam in there must have been spooked, it is like losing a family member :(
clown 1.jpg
clown 2.jpg

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graphic...
And very sorry for your loss!

We lost a lettuce nudibranch to a power head, my wife saw it happen and was devastated. She would need therapy if she saw this happen to our clowns.

OP
OP
Ebone

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graphic...
And very sorry for your loss!

We lost a lettuce nudibranch to a power head, my wife saw it happen and was devastated. She would need therapy if she saw this happen to our clowns.

I think I'm going to need therapy, they become such family members

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. I would be heart broken to loose one of my clowns.

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to my boyfrienss tank.. a adult engineer goby and a sand flounder.. I was aggravated with him cause I bought him filter covers and after this first mishap told him to put them on again and he didn't so we lost the flounder and he finally listened.. I'm so sorry for your loss.. this is horrible to see

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss! Did the power happen to go out? With the netting you have around the pump, the only way in is the front. I don't think a fish would be strong enough or willing to swim into such a current...

Very good point! It had to be a very freak accident.

I lost a wrasse one time because I used to turn my Vortechs off to feed. He was very inquisitive and would swim inside the head looking for food. I hit the on button and looked up to see him inside and couldn't turn it off fast enough. I felt horrible. Won't make that mistake again.

OP
OP
Ebone

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss! Did the power happen to go out? With the netting you have around the pump, the only way in is the front. I don't think a fish would be strong enough or willing to swim into such a current...

That was my first thought, only way in was through the front. She has been known to go in there when it is off for any reason... my apex didn't log any type of power outage even if so they are on a battery, only thing I can think of was she got spooked by something/someone

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry for your loss :(

Dr.HarlemTutu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus man that sucks. Clowns are so friendly they become part of the family! Really weird too. Sorry!

rstrann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always gotta check the wave makers before I flip then back on because my cleaner wrasses go straight for them when they're off. Sorry for the loss, but it's not your fault. That's a freak accident.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear :( But with the protector around it how did it get in there?

Back