Vortech ate my clownfish

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss.
Have you checked your battery backup to make sure it's working correctly and the wavemaker isn't tied to another so it goes off while the other comes on?

OP
OP
Ebone

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
verified this morning when worrying about more than just the fish... it really makes no sense

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry I lost a clown two months ago and the I have left is staying by my vortech I'm going to have to watch him

Bitsy zimmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my first thought, only way in was through the front. She has been known to go in there when it is off for any reason... my apex didn't log any type of power outage even if so they are on a battery, only thing I can think of was she got spooked by something/someone

I'm so sorry, I lost my pearly jawfish today too but at least he was a trade in on another fish. A month ago we shrunk our tank from a 55 to a 20. I took all of the fish in a bucket to the store. Didn't know I didn't leave enough air. I had the prettiest pair of pink skunk clowns I have ever seen (and we shop a lot.) an ornate wrasse, a fire goby and several more fish... I had no idea I killed them. I opened it up in the pet store and burst out In tears. The guy felt so bad he gave me quite a bit off of my 20 gal fish tank but i would have given anything for the fish to be ok. He even disposed of them for me. I don't know what it is about salt water fish but they are so much easier to get attached to then fresh. (I've had lots of both!!!) so sorry for your loss!!! Mine is still fresh in my mind so I know well the pain. I had 8 or so fish in the bucket. Oh and we lost one of those snaps type things that eats the hair algae in our gyre... I couldn't do that one. My hubby had to pull him out. Again, I'm so sorry! Hugs

alex.mccann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awful. I just lost my RBTA to my Vortech. Blew the anemone chunks all over. Did a massive water change and replaced my carbon in my reactor, all was fine. But to find a prized fish in there, that would really suck.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss haven’t lost a fish yet, but my lawnmower blenny loves it in my vortechs and I’m worriedabiut her. Did lose a anemone

By the way Ecotech makes sponge covers for the pumps. BRS sells them

pjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yech. So sorry.

This just happened in my tank a few months ago.... Sea Hare. ugh....

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's terrible. Sorry for your loss. I always worried this would happen to one of my fish, so when the chance came I switched to a gyre. I occasionally have snails get caught, but they do more damage to the pump blades than anything else.

Denniswbliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwww man that sucks so f ing bad. I'm so sorry this happen my friend. I know it's just a fish but fish become part of the family. I wish I could change it all for you.

Reefer addickt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss, I haven’t had that happen but I’ve had them jump :/ and it is like losing a family member I love my fish and corals haha but the fish have personality.

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to dart straight in, unless some power failure in main and battery :-(
my starfish lost a leg that way so i put on the foam covers- i see you have covers.. sorry for the loss.. too bad fish are dumb...

Koi Obsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for that loss, have you thought about mouth to mouth and some super glue ? u have a nem you can feed it to so she don`t go to waste .

psychobilly07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks im sorry to hear, I would think he may of perished first in order to get sucked in to begin with

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss, fish hurt the most. Lost my phantom clownfish in a powerhead also because I forgot to put the cover back on after cleaning. Was my first fish purchase and felt sick. Lost a number since due to equipment, disease, transport etc, but always hurts. Recently I lost my Purple Tang due to my own stupidity and I still have not gotten over it. Cant look at the tank without feeling his loss. Been thinking lately of getting out due to all the problems, time and expense.

OP
OP
Ebone

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss haven’t lost a fish yet, but my lawnmower blenny loves it in my vortechs and I’m worriedabiut her. Did lose a anemone

By the way Ecotech makes sponge covers for the pumps. BRS sells them

Check out the other pic.... they are covered... that is why it was nuts.

Always sad to lose an old friend.. especially that way

Back