Waiting list for Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Would you sign up for a Trident waiting list?

• Yes

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.7%

• Total voters

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that was lucky timing to randomly check the website. Showed 2 left in stock when pulled it up.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that was lucky timing to randomly check the website. Showed 2 left in stock when pulled it up.

Thanks to BRS for giving us a heads up here that u would be adding more soon!

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don't complain much, and actually I'm not going to because it doesn't do any good, but if I can make a suggestion to BRS. You really need to change your web portal design and cart by adding a time stamp when items are added, remove said item from inventory, and put it back into inventory if it isn't purchased in said time frame. I swear this is like playing a FPS mini game and the suckers who key click or have a slower reaction time miss out.

I added a trident to my cart, went through the check out, added my card information, and it just sat there with the spinning circle never going further. I like you guys, I do. I have to say though I'm pretty frustrated at the moment but such is life I guess.

upload_2019-6-4_13-25-50.png

It definitely would have helped u out to sign up to be a "preferred reefer" and have your information already added and save for quick checkout. Everyine knows they going to get bought out quick and need to check out first or will sell out before. Not BRS fault. Would be a good idea for u to do that now so ready for the next batch that will be posted up soon. I first saw it with only 2 available and just a few clicks on my phone and order complete. Good luck.

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don't complain much, and actually I'm not going to because it doesn't do any good, but if I can make a suggestion to BRS. You really need to change your web portal design and cart by adding a time stamp when items are added, remove said item from inventory, and put it back into inventory if it isn't purchased in said time frame. I swear this is like playing a FPS mini game and the suckers who key click or have a slower reaction time miss out.

I added a trident to my cart, went through the check out, added my card information, and it just sat there with the spinning circle never going further. I like you guys, I do. I have to say though I'm pretty frustrated at the moment but such is life I guess.

upload_2019-6-4_13-25-50.png

@saf1 I have had this happen to me twice. Once on @Bulk Reef Supply and once with another vendor. This is a little tiresome as I don't have the ability to drop what I am doing at work and click through for a sale in 10 seconds or less. @Terence - can you guys please let the retailers take prepayments? Even if they only let 100 people or so at a time and promise to sell 1/2 of what they receive to them and 1/2 to those that get lucky - this waiting game is getting really annoying. I am super happy for you guys and your success, and am not in the camp of the debbie downers yelling at you for production planning - I just want the ability to put my money down and know a product will get to me in a fair and systematic manner. Please.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are thinking too much on this.

Huh? People are wondering why they're not able to get a Trident. I'm explaining exactly why. You can't notify 13,000 people all at once. There are threads of people tracking their email times wondering why they're getting emails 12 minutes behind other people.

I explained why.

U

User1

View Badges
It definitely would have helped u out to sign up to be a "preferred reefer" and have your information already added and save for quick checkout. Everyine knows they going to get bought out quick and need to check out first or will sell out before. Not BRS fault. Would be a good idea for u to do that now so ready for the next batch that will be posted up soon. I first saw it with only 2 available and just a few clicks on my phone and order complete. Good luck.

You can't add your card information without placing an order. I typically do not save that information on portals due to many being hacked. But yeah - I hear what you are saying. I may have to wait until this blows over.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? People are wondering why they're not able to get a Trident. I'm explaining exactly why. You can't notify 13,000 people all at once. There are threads of people tracking their email times wondering why they're getting emails 12 minutes behind other people.

I explained why.

I’m not sure where this 13000 number came from. I posted earlier that someone at BRS had told me there were about 3500 people on the list. And the BRS rep above said “hundreds to thousands”.

Obviously the same problem exists whether it’s 3500 people or 13000 people on the list. But unless you have another source I think 13000 is way high

ACF930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After being glued to my emails for the last 2 weeks, I just missed it (by 10 mins) because I was pulled into a work meeting LOL.

@Bulk Reef Supply wouldn't it be better to post in-stock on a weekend when most of us are free? Seriously, we all have to work to pay for our addiction. Well, back to ordering more Salifert kits :-(

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually left the trident page open with an auto refresh every 30 seconds (easy when you have 3 monitors at work) and i was able to grab one that way. If i waited for the instock email there was no way i would be able to get one it came almost 15 min later.

U

User1

View Badges
Also if you haven't already done sign up again for the notification alert. I thought someone said it resets.

On that note I guess I will have to delete my cart sadly. I guess it is time to go get some comfort food...ice cream with caramel sounds good.

So close :(
upload_2019-6-4_14-52-25.png

U

User1

View Badges
I actually left the trident page open with an auto refresh every 30 seconds (easy when you have 3 monitors at work) and i was able to grab one that way. If i waited for the instock email there was no way i would be able to get one it came almost 15 min later.

Also caught your avatar pic - what year?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm of two schools of thought. First, I am happy to not be an early adopter and can wait for a bit to get one as bugs emerge now that it is live. Second... the amount of hype and expectation for this product should have had Neptune better prepared. With how long it was talked about and what should have been lessons learned from the Apex 2016 launch leaves frustrated customers again. Not sure why retailers are taking the brunt of the blame.

Islandreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm of two schools of thought. First, I am happy to not be an early adopter and can wait for a bit to get one as bugs emerge now that it is live. Second... the amount of hype and expectation for this product should have had Neptune better prepared. With how long it was talked about and what should have been lessons learned from the Apex 2016 launch leaves frustrated customers again. Not sure why retailers are taking the brunt of the blame.

I agree with you. I would hope in the testing most if not all the bugs are out as it is a critical piece of equipment when used. With the anticipation of the release it could have been better rolled out from Neptune. The logistics alone of bringing in product is very time consuming, forget production. Shipping to port, clearing customs, shipping to the distribution center, breaking down the containers and shipping out to the retailers takes weeks after the goods hit port and add to the delays in getting in our hands.

U

User1

View Badges
There isn't a specific schedule, especially with a product like this. We expect our next shipment to arrive today (assuming no delivery delays) and hit the website this afternoon or tomorrow morning if all goes to plan.

@Bulk Reef Supply - once everyone gets in, settled, and has some coffee this morning mind giving us any hints?

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened yesterday and sold out already.

Yes, but a few of us following this thread (including me) were able to get tridents ordered yesterday because of the heads that was posted here. Since it’s clear that the email stock notifications aren’t working posting a message here seems like a better way to let people know when there will be stock available.

U

User1

View Badges
Ah, didn't realize he was asking for future incoming stock.

Yup - just looking forward.

I actually had one in my cart but had to enter payment information. While that was going through the final step all inventory was sold and my transaction was hung. Thus me not getting a piece of the trident. While I thought it was bad one lad here actually got it through, confirmation number, even upgraded shipping later only to be told they over sold...which is crummier than what happened to me.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back