2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.5 months growth
8JufsGM.jpg

;Jawdrop;Jawdrop;Jawdrop

Wish I got that growth from my tiny piece that fast. Very pretty coral!

I usually get fast growth out of tenius, but this one is not the same. Must be PAR hungry. It only started to grow well once I put a another light over top of my aquarium.

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down pictures are nice and usually look more visually pleasing. Usually when you look at a coral straight on they don’t look the same and are missing some of the colors.
I am starting to see some pinks in the coralites on mine now. This growth is only 8 months being in my tank. Very fast grower for me.
9AB324B3-D6BE-4521-88E3-7454CCA72970.jpeg

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its a fact. Top down looks different than through a pane of glass or acrylic. I totally agree. This goes for everything in the aquarium. Zoo's, lps, sps, clams, etc.
Its amazing the colors you see from top down. I have a tall aquarium and can only see top down when I take pics or get on a step ladder. The coral under actinics
looks nice from either view. Cant wait for mine to grow some more so I can take pics from front view.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Well you convinced me to take a shot through the glass. This was right before the lights went out with mainly blues on. It is actually tall enough for a front pic. If you look at
the blue tip. That was actually the size of the frag when I got it. LOL. The glue spot was bigger than the coral. Cant wait for it to get like you guys above. I actually have another frag
of WD. I received it and it was all green. It has never colored up and seems to be growing allot better but doesn't seem at all to be the same coral so far. We shall see.

DSC_3764-2.jpg

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one frag ( $ 600 ) years ago , one more from J.F ( $ 350) takes some time to "blow" ( grow) depend how easy take the Dip " shower", i got B.B. i got lots of flow , i realize high water flow make the frag like " crown" lots of nubs , in stand of 2-3 nubs , grow list 10-15 around , a way much easy to frag , now i got around 7-8 mini colony and 70 frags , i donate to this forum one , mini colony ( 1 1/2) and for few friends some, i was surprise how nice is under LEDs , but ...............i grow those under Radion 20.000 K M.H. In 2-3 months i will frag 30 more.
Bad news is............NOT for sale.
I will grow 99 % W.D. and H.W. ( i got 3 frags).
Pic. is Not good , but soon , i will provide more.

View attachment 147.jpg

152.jpg

144.jpg

Gmerek2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a fast grower, does very well in captivity. The price is coming down since it does so well and grows well increasing the supply. The demand is still there on it as people know it’s a fun piece!

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure why but mine doesn’t seem to grow as fast as everyone claims. My RR Pink Cadillac is literally growing at 3x the rate of my Walt Disney haha. No clue why. My Disney is in 340 par with high flow.

ctpeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG

With and without gel filter. Picked this mini colony up for $100. Wasn’t doing so hot. Colors are starting to pop now though.

Gmerek2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is fast then super fast. From what I heard pink caddy is super fast. We all do things different though and sometimes things do better in some tanks than others

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
" We all do things different though and sometimes things do better in some tanks than others "

In my case , i like low Alkalinity ( 7.5 dKH)
I make my own food for Fish and SPS , i buy Octopus ,Clams , Jumbo Shrimps , Calamari , Scallops, i make like Puree, fish got the big pieces but the juice and fine food SPS enjoy , i make like one gallon , put in small drinking plastic bottles then frozen , i use one small plastic for one week , when i feed i shut off the return pump for one two hours , then back in order.
Works for me.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was very bushy for a while and now is starting to grow. I’ll be the spoiler and sell cheap. I’d rather have more people enjoy it

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a top down shot of mine, definitely see more colors from top and looks great under blues. More yellow/green under daylights.

IMG_8647.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back