Walt Disney Acropora

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking on the internet for this coral for about 9 months. Looking for deal that is. I have seen frags from 120 to 300. Most of the pictures I have seen are from actinic lighting. The pictures I see from daylight pics, the coral doesn't have that pow, that lured me in.

For those that have purchased this coral. does it look like most of the actinic pics on the net, or is it more subdue? Just trying to figure out if I wan to purchase one.

Thanks

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a looker you need a home wrecker. That thing is hot no matter what light.
Walt is nice under super high light otherwise it turns green
Heres one of my frags... it hasn't taken off yet but I have three now... maybe one day
32875903281_cc02a1b218_c.jpg

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, it's a bit more subtle, but it depends on what light you run. If you mean "daylight" as LEDs, my daylight is mostly blues and violets and greens and almost no whites. I've never seen em under halides, though.

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for four months now. It's under t5's. It came from the underside of the mother colony and was pretty green when I got it. It's got more color now and I'm really hoping it keeps going.
2017-02-26-17-03-11.jpg
this was it when I got it
2016-10-27-17-29-18.jpg
has anyone got one like this and got the full color back? Just want to know if I need to be doing something in particular to get full color.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, if it looks healthy, I would wait it out. I have more experience with LPS and softies, but the premise is most likely the same for high light acros such as this. That said, there are products for color enhancing zoanthids, but there might be something similar for SPS.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2017-02-26-22-48-30.png
I have been looking on the internet for this coral for about 9 months. Looking for deal that is. I have seen frags from 120 to 300. Most of the pictures I have seen are from actinic lighting. The pictures I see from daylight pics, the coral doesn't have that pow, that lured me in.

For those that have purchased this coral. does it look like most of the actinic pics on the net, or is it more subdue? Just trying to figure out if I wan to purchase one.

Thanks
This is as white as you will see. I take my videos and photos in 12k

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is exactly what I mean by actinics is basically all blue lighting. Most of the ones I have seen are under like 420nm and that is it. Almost Every coral looks good under that light.
First and far most. Thank you everyone for all the coral pictures. Yeah I think its a little subdue. I have all LED fixtures, so I wonder what it would look like under 400k Radium.

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is exactly what I mean by actinics is basically all blue lighting. Most of the ones I have seen are under like 420nm and that is it. Almost Every coral looks good under that light.
First and far most. Thank you everyone for all the coral pictures. Yeah I think its a little subdue. I have all LED fixtures, so I wonder what it would look like under 400k Radium.

Exactly! Since when and why has it been acceptable to only show a coral under blues only? I've been burned with this before I knew what to look for because I ran Radium's or Phoenix's only. Now running T5's, my blues only (ATI Blue+) are on for 15 minutes at the end of each day strictly for the fish, not for viewing coral.

Not to take anything away from the WD or HW but the daylight pictures are few and far between so who knows what it would look like in my tank 96.875% of the time.

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine under pretty white lighting. It looks amazing under blues, but I can't get a decent picture under blues. It's still a nice acro under any light.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want a looker you need a home wrecker. That thing is hot no matter what light.
Walt is nice under super high light otherwise it turns green
Heres one of my frags... it hasn't taken off yet but I have three now... maybe one day
32875903281_cc02a1b218_c.jpg
+1 to this! Homewrecker is everything the WD is hyped to be (and more).

Triston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Props to all you guys with your nice pics. This one was taken with my phone and I didn't turn off the pumps, tweak the lights or use a filter so the quality is not stellar. It is for sale this homewrecker would wreck almost any home though so don't even ask about buying it unless you have liquid cash.
20170112_171518.jpg

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine under pretty white lighting. It looks amazing under blues, but I can't get a decent picture under blues. It's still a nice acro under any light.

Interesting that it has purple hue.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one at the recent frag swap here. It was grown under ati T5 and is all yellow under daylight with a bit of blue/purple in the tip. Its a nice looking acro under daylight but doesn't blow your mind. I'm interested in seeing it a month or two down the road. Its not nearly as nice as the RR orange passion currently. But its growing right next to it so will make for a nice pic eventually : )

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back