Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOLOLOL. Manganese. Which is the crystal in me emoji. I'm assuming you were brewing another conspiracy theory?

Ok, gotcha. Another? What was the first?

Last edited:

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is as stupid as anything that they have said is that they approached the EPA for supposedly vinegar, vitamin C, bacteria and RODI water... none of which are EPA controlled substances. ...so they were dumb to contact the EPA, knew that they should have, or they are lying again about something. There is no questions that Busan 77 is an EPA controlled substance and it must be labeled.
I was thinking this as well. What lead them to reach out to the EPA for this product?

It may be out there, but I was also wondering what's the story behind Vibrant? How did its development come about?

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great - then everyone should keep stating that Chemiclean contains xxxx xxxxx even though they denied that it contained xxxx. Right? Or any number of other products - it seems odd (to me).
There’s a reason Netflix exists. We love repeats.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My comment - the thread could have been closed after the warning. Whether right or wrong - its my opinion. Almost every issue here has been discussed over and over and over and over and over.

It isn't about right or wrong. It is about the label. Don't over think or complicate this.

Just say what is in the bottle. It has been asked and not been answered. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Thus the buyer beware.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1645911344310.png

This is from UWC website. Why would they have contacted the EPA if this is truly the only ingredients.

Has there been any feedback or response directly from this company?

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't about right or wrong. It is about the label. Don't over think or complicate this.

Just say what is in the bottle. It has been asked and not been answered. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Thus the buyer beware.
Let's not kid ourselves, there are probably hundreds of reef additives that may questionable claims and are not straight forward on their ingredients. Vibrant was not the first.

Vitamins, polymers and immunostimulants, LOL.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved and set-some up a new tank a couple years ago. I was getting great growth from my Coral. I was fighting hair algae and read the advertising for Vibrant. I would not ever use an algicide. I ordered some Vibrant from Amazon. It was for saltwater and I did not know they made a reef version. I dosed it as labelled. I did see the hair algae get lighter and lighter. I stopped dosing after having so many other issues. I had the worse dino outbreak I have ever seen. I lost everything and almost threw in the towel.

I say embrace the algae, go slow, forget these type of products. Test and control Phos(slowly) and increase clean-up crew. Shorten light cycle. Lower intensity. Just keep the coral growing and they will do a lot of work for you too. They will compete with the algae.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Again, what was the first?
There have been a couple - one is that lawyers forced BRS to take down their video - as compared to them taking it down because there were some errors in it. I have no clue as to why the posted the video or took it down - but there is a lot of speculation. Class action lawsuits, etc etc etc etc. I guess I'm using the word speculation synonymously with misconception.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say embrace the algae, go slow, forget these type of products. Test and control Phos(slowly) and increase clean-up crew. Shorten light cycle. Lower intensity. Just keep the coral growing and they will do a lot of work for you too. They will compete with the algae.
Agree, I attack algae in natural ways, E.g. hungry snails and hermits

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been a couple - one is that lawyers forced BRS to take down their video - as compared to them taking it down because there were some errors in it. I have no clue as to why the posted the video or took it down - but there is a lot of speculation. Class action lawsuits, etc etc etc etc. I guess I'm using the word speculation synonymously with misconception.
What? Those are not examples of conspiracy theories.

Many of the clients my firm works with run press releases and other public content by lawyers before putting it out there, and we’ve had to pull stuff for revision once lawyers weighed in. Every company has lawyers on retainer, they may advise on public items as well as internal stuff like hr.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What? Those are not examples of conspiracy theories.

Many of the clients my firm works with run press releases and other public content by lawyers before putting it out there, and we’ve had to pull stuff for revision once lawyers weighed in. Every company has lawyers, they advise on public items as well as internal stuff like hr.
I don't remember if it was you or someone else - but - I do appreciate whoever mentioned the existence of the 'unlatch' button:)

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, I attack algae in natural ways, E.g. hungry snails and hermits
Same.

I just finally pulled out an impressive clump of bubble algae today that I’d been ignoring at the base of a toadstool for about a month lol. The positive in letting it grow was it was easy to grab and pull out as one big clump.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember if it was you or someone else - but - I do appreciate whoever mentioned the existence of the 'unlatch' button:)
Yes then please unwatch if you’re just gonna accuse folks making (clearly stated) educated guesses as conspiracy theorists. Yikes.

Conjecture is a fine way to describe it (however, it was clearly stated that educated guesses were being made), but not conspiracy theory or misinterpretation.

Last edited:

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same.

I just finally pulled out an impressive clump of bubble algae today that I’d been ignoring at the base of a toadstool for about a month lol. The positive in letting it grow was it was easy to grab and pull out as one big clump.
I had a friend 'coral sitting' about a dozen frags for me while I reset my zoa tank, over a few months I got them back covered in GHA... Put them in the tank with about 6 large red hermits and overnight they were spotless.

I should've documented it :(

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see the BRS vibrant video before they pulled it. Anyone have it saved/archived?

Back