Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the banner ads hawking Vibrant? Nope.
for some reason its on sale suddenly!
maybe this is my chance to finally pick up a few bottles
200.gif

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely remember watching a BRS investigates or something pushing Vibrant. I enjoyed a lot of their investigates and content. I was a little naive and slow to pick-up on the brilliant marketing. I now enjoy them but understand they are selling you something. Ryan is the the "pocket fisherman" guy in this business. They do a video and that product sales go through the roof.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh great just catching up to this thread to find the same old repetetive, argumentative, deflection and derailment we see from @MnFish1 in pretty much all of @Dan_P @taricha @brandon429 and now @Randy Holmes-Farley threads? Over and over and over is anyone else picking up on the pattern here?

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have about 2/3 of the bottle I bought off of Amazon. Time to trash that magic potion. What is the most responsible to the environment method?

Great ad copy ;

"For years people have always asked us how we keep our aquariums so nice and clean. The answer was a simple response, we use our own homemade liquid aquarium cleaner. The next question would always be, do you sell it? The answer from us was always, no, it is for our use only.

After being asked so many times, we decided that we should share what we knew worked so well. So, we teamed up with a group of scientists and created a consumer based version of the same product, which we have simply named Vibrant."

Last edited:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's not kid ourselves, there are probably hundreds of reef additives that may questionable claims and are not straight forward on their ingredients. Vibrant was not the first.

Vitamins, polymers and immunostimulants, LOL.

Correct. 100% agree. This is why the social media and content providers has been thrown into the discussion. Obviously the product has worked for many just has it hasn't. There is a 6700 page thread if I recall correctly on it here. I believe the discussion is just really around the ingredients, label, and display / coral type.

1645911344310.png

This is from UWC website. Why would they have contacted the EPA if this is truly the only ingredients.

Has there been any feedback or response directly from this company?

It isn't the EPA although I understand why you bring that up. It has been used in various replied. The question comes down to the 95% Cultured Bacteria Blend bit and what that is without going down the IP route. I don't know if you have followed from the original post, discussion points, and of course subsequent storm that is asking for a discussion on this, by the vendor, and is there any correlation to Algaefix or other things that may not be 95% cultured bacteria, etc.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh great just catching up to this thread to find the same old repetetive, argumentative, deflection and derailment we see from @MnFish1 in pretty much all of @Dan_P @taricha @brandon429 and now @Randy Holmes-Farley threads? Over and over and over is anyone else picking up on the pattern here?
Nothing more difficult than a case of GHA, cyanobacteria and dinoflagellates all at once :)

Cryptocaryon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That filter is what gets me. I am in no way smart in this subject.

How would one filter bacteria out, leave a byproduct, but not leave any spores. Correct me if I am wrong in that, but isnt some bottled bac spores and not active/live bacteria? Wouldnt the filter have to very very "fine". Would that process not be expensive? How do they control it to make sure nohting gets past via containination?

You see where I am going here. Not being "sciency" at all, it just seems way far fetched that all of this could actually be done without some serious equipment being needed.

I could be wrong, and probably am lol, but my mind is now turning, as I am off work and have switched from coffee to a more clear liquid.
Use a skimmer

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AcroPower and many other reef additives and "cures" don't list ingredients either yet many dump them into their tanks as well. Vibrant is not the first, and not the first to make questionable claims either.

Lol two little fishies seems to never list ingredients

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like "light teasing" of BRS is acceptable, but there's definitely a lot of people on here that aren't fans these days and it borders on nasty. Not sure why. My guess is people hate success, and the recent corporate moves take away the "regular dudes" feel. Between them and Mr. Saltwater they've done a ton for this hobby as "regular dudes".

UWC and BRS are pretty much right next door though. At least in MN terms, don't cha know?

Some people always hate when something they like becomes popular. A great example is when a band becomes popular and are called "sellouts" by their original fans and now people do that with brs lol

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people always hate when something they like becomes popular. A great example is when a band becomes popular and are called "sellouts" by their original fans and now people do that with brs lol
Ha, like Metallica. They were a great band tell the Black Album came out and everybody liked them.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh shoot
I used Vibrant and Chemiclean and everything died.
Except nothing did.
They just did what they were supposed to and then I stopped using them.
This just seems like a drama llama outbreak to me.
Please continue your herp derp now.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh shoot
I used Vibrant and Chemiclean and everything died.
Except nothing did.
They just did what they were supposed to and then I stopped using them.
This just seems like a drama llama outbreak to me.
Please continue your herp derp now.
One does not simply just herp the "derp" my friend.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose my point is this. Countries have regulations about what can and cant cross their borders. What can and cant be sold to consumers.
Lots of monies are spent to regulate that worldwide.

A company puts something in a bottle and starts to sell it and askes for it to be imported into other countries for the some purpose.

No one checks what's actually in the bottle to make sure it is what it is supposed to be and doesn't violate any regulations?

Can fentanyl be packed into a bottle labeled as Marine tank additive and no one would notice?

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose my point is this. Countries have regulations about what can and cant cross their borders. What can and cant be sold to consumers.
Lots of monies are spent to regulate that worldwide.

A company puts something in a bottle and starts to sell it and askes for it to be imported into other countries for the some purpose.

No one checks what's actually in the bottle to make sure it is what it is supposed to be and doesn't violate any regulations?

Can fentanyl be packed into a bottle labeled as Marine tank additive and no one would notice?
I don’t understand — being genuine. When someone eventually notices, and it’s discovered it’s illegal, then action is taken. Hey, maybe the local slaughterhouse is sneaking kangaroo and horse meat in w/the beef and selling the mixture as ground beef. Would you care when it was discovered?

Back