Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was convinced vibrant caused my clowns to stop breeding back in September. Makes sense now.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand — being genuine. When someone eventually notices, and it’s discovered it’s illegal, then action is taken. Hey, maybe the local slaughterhouse is sneaking kangaroo and horse meat in w/the beef and selling the mixture as ground beef. Would you care when it was discovered?
I had a kangaroo burger once, was pretty tasty.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"For years people have always asked us how we keep our aquariums so nice and clean. The answer was a simple response
C3B3280A-026D-4B42-9EC7-A19C8504AEB9.gif

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino-X is an Algicide as well.
Will easily kill LPS.
and will reduce your goods guys by a ton.
Careful
HI. First of all it is clear marked on the bottle what is in and its made especially against Dinoflagellates. We use for this another type of algicide and we. Say clearly when and under which circumstances it should be used, DinoX did not kill corals, this is the situation why you have dinoflagellates. So this is really nothing which you can compare

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product - according to multiple people works. Worst case (that I have read) - is that there is a similar ingredient in another product that also works - but its alleged that this product is not labeled correctly? Ok - all good.

No worst case is the countless reports of it causing major issues in their system. Killing fish, corals, and inverts.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No worst case is the countless reports of it causing major issues in their system. Killing fish, corals, and inverts.
Prove it. I'm going mostly of the BRS video - sue them - dont attack me personally

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW - if the BRS video is incorrect - All good - I will be the first to admit it. Why is there no claims against marine algaefix - that its destroying tanks, killing everything etc? BTW - thats a rhetorical question - IDK either - but if they are 'THE SAME' - lets go after both lol

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prove it. I'm going mostly of the BRS video - sue them - dont attack me personally
I dosed one dose of vibrant and had $3k in acros slough their skin in the following ~24 hours then my tank plunged into Dino’s for about 2 months, so there’s that. It’s wild how set you are to defend people who very obviously continually made boldfaced lies to the community and vendors.

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW - if the BRS video is incorrect - All good - I will be the first to admit it. Why is there no claims against marine algaefix - that its destroying tanks, killing everything etc? BTW - thats a rhetorical question - IDK either - but if they are 'THE SAME' - lets go after both lol
Probably because it’s been avoided because it’s an advertised algaecide, so many fewer people were using it? Ryan was unaware of its existence even. As opposed to vibrant having constant spotlight on BRS videos, and touted as a safe bacterial supplement, encouraging a huge amount of people to try it who wouldn’t even consider API marine algaefix.

I’m not blaming BRS, I feel they’ve been deceived too unless I learn otherwise. But it’s like, why is Coca Cola the number one soda in the world, but people in China aren’t drinking RC cola? Marketing and distribution.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B/c AlgaeFix is registered w/the epa, states what it is on the label, and has warnings on the label.

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Underwater Creations made a comment about this? Sorry, I didn't read all 19 pages.

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STOP BUYING MIRACLES IN A BOTTLE. Bubble algae comes and goes. Manually remove them as you do your water changes and in time they will die off on their own as your tank matures. I’d rather a unsightly algae in my tank then killing off things in my tank. I had a serious bubble algae outbreak about 6 to 8 months into my new tank 3 years ago and I manually removed during water changes the ones I could and in a few months it was all gone. Use elbow grease it works

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol i dont need to prove it. Have never used vibrant and dont intend to. If you think one test from a company proves that it does not often have negative impacts then i guess you have a lot to learn about reefkeeping. There are many reasons some may have negative impacts yet other tanks wouldnt.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you just intentionally trying to be dense or do you not understand the difference is that algaefix is honest about what is in their product? If someone wants to pour algaecide in their tank they are free to do so....however they should know that is what they are doing.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant worked great for me on more than one occasion. From what I’m reading i must be the only one.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 157 73.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back