Warren's 220 Crystal Dynamic build

AQUAM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build! Interested to see how the Mitras lights are integrated into the Apex system.

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, not much to update. I finished some more sump plumbing and mounting the fuge LED. Need to finish up the UV sterilizer and heater loop install. Then I think I will be pretty much done with the sump.

Cabinetry and fish room are still waiting on my contractor who is now on other jobs [emoji853]

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build! Interested to see how the Mitras lights are integrated into the Apex system.

The Mitras will run independently from my Apex. I thought about a Profilux, but he price difference with all the accessories I want was considerable.

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought my sump layout was going to be pretty simple, but it looks pretty busy. Almost all done at this point. Just need to get the small tubes for constant water change, ATO from basement and CaRx done.

cf702d6f29525bc66c0322847444713c.jpg

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What extra features did you add to tank. She mentioned renforced seams and a polymer bottom in stimate as options

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What extra features did you add to tank. She mentioned renforced seams and a polymer bottom in stimate as options

I have reinforced seams, internal braced bottom, eurobraced top (overlapped), internal glass overflow with removable acrylic top, all edges polished ( unlike some tank builders )

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the stand. Hard to tell what color it is?

How was crystal dynamics pricing? Looking at maybe an 84" x 40" x 25" in the future.

Good job

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the stand. Hard to tell what color it is?

How was crystal dynamics pricing? Looking at maybe an 84" x 40" x 25" in the future.

Good job

The cabinetry is a dark gray. Definitely hard to capture.

The CD pricing for eurobraced top and bottom with 1/2” glass was good. They probably don’t love published custom tank prices but ping me on DM if you want more info. It was good pricing, even taking into account the shipping from CA to VA.

Warren

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro-tip: don’t stand up quickly when you have a canopy with doors.

I just got officially diagnosed with a concussion from standing up straight into one of the open doors yesterday.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank and system! Sorry about the concussion. Following along to watch this one come to life.

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro-tip: don’t stand up quickly when you have a canopy with doors.

I just got officially diagnosed with a concussion from standing up straight into one of the open doors yesterday.

Ouch!!

OP
OP
wangspeed

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly recovered from my concussion. Thinking hard about something gives me a throbbing headache though. So does viewing text on anything bigger than my phone.

I filled the tank! Then I filled the sump, and sadness ensued. This is where I found that thread sealed connections in PVC suck. I tried to do the right thing when I plumbed this and used Rectorseal 5. Then I tried Plastostik, and finally gave up and went back to what I have always used in the past for threaded connections. Aquarium safe silicone. I should have stuck with what I knew. So that’s curing now before I try again.

3 leaky miserable joints. Both threaded connections to my inline Aqua Logic heater, which I am having second thoughts about, thanks to the leaks, and one of the threaded connections going into the body of a 2” Neptune flow sensor. I about ripped the sensor out and bypassed it.

It was tough to clean the threads for the silicone, so if it still leaks tomorrow, the flow sensor is coming out. I did get a brief reading of a measly 223 GPH, which seems impossible giving the huge amount of water getting pushed. Maybe the 2” sensor needs higher flow rates to be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back