Watanabei angels

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for two Watanabei angelfish. I see Dr Reef’s has some listed but I’m not sure if they’re in stock. I will call him this week.

WWC’s price on theirs is way more than Dr Reef’s

Also I’ve read that capturing them can be harder in the males than females so I’m considering getting two females, knowing one will change to male. Any thoughts on this?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given enough time, space and luck, one should change to a male. Best bet is to start with 2 small females or 1 bigger and 1 smaller female. A male kept on its own may revert to an intermediate stage where it retains both male and female traits, or back to a full blown female. Both have happened. Since they’re found below 120 feet, best to ask the dealer to send you a video of them to make sure they don’t have decompression issues.

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for two Watanabei angelfish. I see Dr Reef’s has some listed but I’m not sure if they’re in stock. I will call him this week.

WWC’s price on theirs is way more than Dr Reef’s

Also I’ve read that capturing them can be harder in the males than females so I’m considering getting two females, knowing one will change to male. Any thoughts on this?
If you are in asutralia, gee marine has some in stock, females specifically.

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two female bellus angels and one of them (larger one) turned into a male after about a year.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe post this in the angel lover's thread especially with regard to the trio. I have a 4" female Watanabe that occasionally chases my 3" bellus female. If they were both Watanabe I wonder if that harassment would be constant.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back