Water flow question

PhilMStudy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2021
Messages
315
Reaction score
275
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48x12.5x21”T tank, not a ton of room from to back but plenty across the tank

would a single mastech gyre 2k be enough for this tank? I’ve seen them used fairly efficiently on bigger tanks but this will become a sps tank over time too (going to take a few months to get there tho)

if anyone has experience with these in a similar tank Id love to hear from you
 
I dont have experience with those but it seems to me that it would be more than enough as long as you had it flowing against your return line to create some turbulence.
 
I’m going to have 2-3 hob refuge type box filters on back, was thinking of putting gyre in facing across 4’ side of tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new