Water testing apprehension

Anyone else have a little anxiety while doing water parameter tests?

• Total voters

Mrtakeoff53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I ALWAYS have a little ‘test anxiety’ when performing my water tests every week (alk every other day). I always hope everything turns out well and it usually does. Problem is, when it doesn’t (or I have missed a few weeks of testing), it can sometimes bring on a little panic as the results come in. Anyone else feel this?
8B6BAE35-28C0-4946-8F18-A45298B4EAB2.jpeg

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not anymore. I look for trends and not a single test outlier. You should as well. Become a pro at looking at your tank and knowing when it looks good and you'll notice when something is off usually before you test.

A quote from a favorite show of mine.

Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!

Edit: Nice tank btw. You're doing something right. :)

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah "reading the reef" works until it doesn't...im with you on the test anxiety but that settling feeling that hits you when your test shows everything fine, or the opposite the test shows you whats wrong, then with your experience you are able to fix the issue before it gets out of control which comes with the same settling feeling, then a retest assures your fix settling feeling again...lol

im all for testing how can you do anything or add anything without knowing whats going on already, testing =information>guessing

your tank looks awesome! very nice

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my official red green duct tape right here and Harold on FB. I'm covered like a blanket :)

People get too obsessed with numbers , buying liquid doser ripoffs and need to spend more time learning their tanks.

I know exactly how much calcium and alk my tank is using because I don't fiddle with that junk. If I have to dose 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda a night and miss a test I have a pretty good idea what to expect.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back