Waterbox 100.3 months of waiting for this?

Would you buy a WaterBox knowing their QC sucks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Waterbox 100.3 this week and just got it running today. I have been extremely impressed. I think the change from white stand to white and black interior was good, easy to see salt creep and if want to run a fuge you won't be blinded when light reflects off the wood. Having painted an all white stand inside and out I 100% believe the black interior is an upgrade and helps visual contrast immensely - which is something I give WB credit for, they did some changes based on feedback this year, all glass overflow box, large rear cutout in stand due to complaints about humidity in addition to the black interior.
See, that looks great. I don't understand the negative comments about the black when you can't even see it.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your feedback guys. It’s exciting getting a tank like this...always want it to be perfect...not sure what the solution will be. The white doors cover the black piece when closed. Now the manifold connection is leaking. Checked it twice. Seems to be a chip on the corner. I’ll post more pics soon...

50D8F3C7-B051-4374-9366-D2DDA5464FC0.jpeg

1B6B8648-A3BF-4481-B873-9BFE517EFAEA.jpeg
That edge shouldn't be a problem but you might want to smooth off whatever that is on the flat area, so it makes a proper seal against the rubber o-ring on the other half of that union.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you still mad at waterbox? I think the poll is a bit unfair because just about every manufacturer goes thru quality control issues at some point. Unless you’re marineland and you still cand fix the the bubble seam issue.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you still mad at waterbox? I think the poll is a bit unfair because just about every manufacturer goes thru quality control issues at some point. Unless you’re marineland and you still cand fix the the bubble seam issue.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
AquaHobby31

AquaHobby31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No mad but disappointed...we are slowly resolving all the issues. I was trying to delete the poll but didn’t see the option to

OP
OP
AquaHobby31

AquaHobby31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you spend almost $2000 on an aquarium, you have the right to expect perfection. I would be very upset also. Im very interested in the waterbox 100 as I plan on upgrading my 30 gallon. Reading this definitely makes me a little worried

Just make sure you hold your ground if there are any issues! Otherwise the glass and the tank are amazing!

gadwall72

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Waterbox 100.3 on July 2. Being a holiday week, I assumed it would be the following week before my order was processed. So, on July 10 I contacted Waterbox via customer chat on their website. Emily checked my order and told me that unfortunately they had limited stock an$ tha5 an order that was processed jut before mine got the last 100.3 on hand. She immediately contacted her supervisor, who was on vacation at the time to see what options we had. The answer was that they would see if there happened to be a tank in the warehouse, stuck in a corner somewhere.

I reached out again on Monday, just so they didn’t forget to check the warehouse again. On Wednesday 7/17, my tank shipped. On Friday I received a call from the freight company to set up delivery. It was delivered the following Friday, which was my choice since I am off on Fridays. I could have gotten the Monday prior, but it didn’t meet my schedule.

I have spent the last few dYs getting the stand together and a friend helped me get the sump in the cabinet and tank on the cabinet today. All in all, I cannot complain about Waterbox’s customer service. I also learned that Emily in customer service was from the same town that I live. My experience was pleasant and I felt like they were being honest and upfront with me. We shall see if I have any issues setting up the plumbing and getting the tank full and cycling.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Waterbox 100.3 on July 2. Being a holiday week, I assumed it would be the following week before my order was processed. So, on July 10 I contacted Waterbox via customer chat on their website. Emily checked my order and told me that unfortunately they had limited stock an$ tha5 an order that was processed jut before mine got the last 100.3 on hand. She immediately contacted her supervisor, who was on vacation at the time to see what options we had. The answer was that they would see if there happened to be a tank in the warehouse, stuck in a corner somewhere.

I reached out again on Monday, just so they didn’t forget to check the warehouse again. On Wednesday 7/17, my tank shipped. On Friday I received a call from the freight company to set up delivery. It was delivered the following Friday, which was my choice since I am off on Fridays. I could have gotten the Monday prior, but it didn’t meet my schedule.

I have spent the last few dYs getting the stand together and a friend helped me get the sump in the cabinet and tank on the cabinet today. All in all, I cannot complain about Waterbox’s customer service. I also learned that Emily in customer service was from the same town that I live. My experience was pleasant and I felt like they were being honest and upfront with me. We shall see if I have any issues setting up the plumbing and getting the tank full and cycling.

You are too kind! It was my absolute pleasure to help you— it doesn’t hurt that you live in my hometown. : )

I’m so happy you are so pleased with us; I can’t wait to follow along with what you do with your new setup!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back