Waterbox 130.4 Macroalgae Display

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BhqOGceh.jpg
I absolutely love this image. Reminds me so much of what drew me to reefing in 1990.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just came across this thread ... stunning, stunning, stunning!! :)

might you know if either of yr maxima clams hosts/has hosted the Conchodytes pearl oyster crab??

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just came across this thread ... stunning, stunning, stunning!! :)

might you know if either of yr maxima clams hosts/has hosted the Conchodytes pearl oyster crab??

Unfortunately the pearl oyster shrimp hosted my gorgonian for a few weeks before disappearing =/

I'll be back in the U.S in a few days to do some more pictures for the thread !

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some new pictures as promised!

My new Sea Apple and his new pal!

ZYH7DUUh.jpg

XhoYVJuh.jpg

My Carnation Corals are still going strong! I think it has shrunk a little bit in the last month but it still opens up and feed everyday.

nHcMOKwh.jpg

khD5bbGh.jpg

Some new cluster dusters

ec3zkMlh.jpg

SR1F2i1h.jpg

Red Cocoworm

fgTPY17h.jpg

Spiky Sea Cucumber

Ci6BZG8h.jpg

View of the a very cluttered portion of my tank

YtgpSrhh.jpg
I hope your cool with the last pic being my new phone background :)

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang if this beauty doesn't already have em you need to get basket and feather stars!!! I'm sure that since you can keep carnation coral and other "impossible" animals alive that you could handle fancy echinoderms like those. :p

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang if this beauty doesn't already have em you need to get basket and feather stars!!! I'm sure that since you can keep carnation coral and other "impossible" animals alive that you could handle fancy echinoderms like those. :p

I do have 3 Feather Starfish that are living in there, the "oldest" one is about 5 months old now.

I have been trying to get a small Basket Starfish but no luck sadly.

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some time today so I decided to clean the tank a little bit and do some pictures!

Some new Cardinal (Apogon Parvulus)

I've been feeding them Reef Nutrition R.O.E 5-6 times a day and they've been fattening up and not dying!

I think a disease wipe out my last colony since they went from healthy to 0 in just a few days.
biTTLhIh.jpg

Side Shot

dRDNI9lh.jpg

My Sea Apple is still going strong!

W9qWPnkh.jpg

Recently found my Electric Scallop hiding in one of the cave (It's been in this tank for over 7 months!)

2iwwl7ch.jpg

Got a new Caribbean Oyster since the last one passed away when I was gone

IUCleFyh.jpg

My new Carnation coral

vb1561ph.jpg

L35uTJSh.jpg

My other Sea Apple

jLdHMEAh.jpg

New Fish! Tigrigobius multifasciatus (Green Banded Goby)

qs7UqPsh.jpg

This Sea Fan has been struggling since I got it, but it seem to have been stable for quite a while now

JxyZ12Eh.jpg

iamsamuel93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some time today so I decided to clean the tank a little bit and do some pictures!

Some new Cardinal (Apogon Parvulus)

I've been feeding them Reef Nutrition R.O.E 5-6 times a day and they've been fattening up and not dying!

I think a disease wipe out my last colony since they went from healthy to 0 in just a few days.
biTTLhIh.jpg

Side Shot

dRDNI9lh.jpg

My Sea Apple is still going strong!

W9qWPnkh.jpg

Recently found my Electric Scallop hiding in one of the cave (It's been in this tank for over 7 months!)

2iwwl7ch.jpg

Got a new Caribbean Oyster since the last one passed away when I was gone

IUCleFyh.jpg

My new Carnation coral

vb1561ph.jpg

L35uTJSh.jpg

My other Sea Apple

jLdHMEAh.jpg

New Fish! Tigrigobius multifasciatus (Green Banded Goby)

qs7UqPsh.jpg

This Sea Fan has been struggling since I got it, but it seem to have been stable for quite a while now

JxyZ12Eh.jpg
Is the seafan photosynthetic? I have one that looks like that but it's receding ): Tried feeding it rotifers but the polyps never comes out anymore ):

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the seafan photosynthetic? I have one that looks like that but it's receding ): Tried feeding it rotifers but the polyps never comes out anymore ):

The only Photosynthetic one in my tank are the purple sea fan. The orange Sea Fan was doing good for about 4-5 months up until I went on vacation, it has been declining slowly due to lack of feeding while I was gone. I've been trying to bring it back but no luck so far, I'm hoping I can find another to find and hopefully it's a bit healthier than this one when it first came in.

The polyps does come out everyday for me, I usually feed Phytofeast first and let it entice everything in the tank to start opening up to feed. Then I dump more phytofeast along with Oyster Feast / Reef Roids / Rotifer and let the tank sit without the return pump for about 1 hour.

Back