Waterbox 15g Peninsula Mini Build Thread!

OP
Salt_Life

Salt_Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Nice that you have easy access to plumbing and space. A few suggestions...

If you are only using the float valve w/o an ASOV, then you are continuously running waster water so you're water is not actually off. Lastly, if you are only using the float to control on/off, you are not using your RODI to it's best efficiency. They work best when they run continuously and not on/off. With the float valve, you're turning the water on for a few minutes each time at best. If you want to control auto on/off, you can do it with a high and low sensor. Also no need to heat rodi. You can throw that into your SW mixing bucket instead. Coming along!
There is a sensor that came with the pump that i installed on the product water line. once the float valve closes and the back pressure hits 40 psi it turns everything off. The waste line is not running everything stops once that float valve closes and the sensor registers the 40psi. What do you suggest I do?? Also how is it possible to keep the RODI running continuously? Water bill would be sky high too lol

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
There is a sensor that came with the pump that i installed on the product water line. once the float valve closes and the back pressure hits 40 psi it turns everything off. The waste line is not running everything stops once that float valve closes and the sensor registers the 40psi. What do you suggest I do?? Also how is it possible to keep the RODI running continuously? Water bill would be sky high too lol
Ok, it sounds like you have an ASOV. I couldn't tell from the pict. That would shut off your waster water.

OP
Salt_Life

Salt_Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Ok, it sounds like you have an ASOV. I couldn't tell from the pict. That would shut off your waster water.
Yes it stops my water completely... but I am having a little leaking from the top of my filter canisters any suggestions? I already tightened them as tight as possible but each canister is still drip leaking a little bit and it’s annoying me ! Also I know the entire water system is automatic and it makes water when it detects it’s low but won’t the water sitting in the rodi system itself contaminate the water when it kicks on ? Or maybe before I take water from the pale I should flush the line first before it kicks on?

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes it stops my water completely... but I am having a little leaking from the top of my filter canisters any suggestions? I already tightened them as tight as possible but each canister is still drip leaking a little bit and it’s annoying me ! Also I know the entire water system is automatic and it makes water when it detects it’s low but won’t the water sitting in the rodi system itself contaminate the water when it kicks on ? Or maybe before I take water from the pale I should flush the line first before it kicks on?
I have to tighten my canisters really really tight too. I haven't needed anything else but perhaps some pipe dope on the threads?

Don't worry about "contamination". The key is to start out w/ 0 TDS. You just want to have a fair playing field and you get that in this hobby w/ an initial TDS of 0.

How is your system detecting "low"? If it's just the top float valve, then you're not really using it effectively. Do you have a 2nd low switch at the bottom of the can?

OP
Salt_Life

Salt_Life

View Badges
Reaction score
I have to tighten my canisters really really tight too. I haven't needed anything else but perhaps some pipe dope on the threads?

Don't worry about "contamination". The key is to start out w/ 0 TDS. You just want to have a fair playing field and you get that in this hobby w/ an initial TDS of 0.

How is your system detecting "low"? If it's just the top float valve, then you're not really using it effectively. Do you have a 2nd low switch at the bottom of the can?
It’s just the top float valve. When the water goes below the rodi kicks on until that float valve shuts it off.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Salt_Life

Salt_Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Reefers,

UPDATE on the waterbox. I am on day 14 of the cycle. I used Dr. Tim’s One and Only but it hasn’t worked as fast as it claimed. I don’t have any ammonia anymore but my nitrites are still high. Any thoughts on what I should do ? I added a little more ammonia last night and it’s almost gone already tonight which is a good sign. Just waiting for these nitrites to drop! Any thoughts

OP
Salt_Life

Salt_Life

View Badges
Reaction score
I had the same problem just ride it out. I just added fish and I am good.
So I did a water change and my nitrites and ammonia was 0 so I added one more dose of ammonia chloride to test if the tank is cycled and I just tested now the nitrites are through the roof again. If the tank was cycled I shouldn’t see any nitrite it’s been almost a month already Dr Tim’s sucks :( I just don’t get it ... I guess I gotta just keep patient ugh

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Like them

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Hate them

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Other (please explain)