Waterbox 20 Cube Build

KingPiscean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pics of what is going on right now. Again nothing to special. I am worried about the last picture. The stand i got was supposed to be 18x18 and cube is supposedly 17.?x17.? So there is tiniest bit of overhang. Is it enough to spend another few hundred on new stand?
I would rock with it. It’ll be fine.

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO finally think I tested the water the right way with new kits.
Ph: 8.3
Ammonia: Isnt zero but in between 0 and.025, is that ok?
Nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20ish
Phos: If i did it right .04 is that ok? I read max .1
Alk: 8.4
Ca: 450
Mag: 1400
Will test again after my water change later today. It is a 20g cube and I take 5g out a week. Should I be doing 10?
No livestock at all yet CuC comes next week and maybe the following week some fish.(Wife may be getting me my pair of clowns for V. day)
Let me know what you think, how am I doing if those numbers are correct. Red Sea Kits are complicated :S

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great love the aquascape. I would do just a 5g water change for now. That’s probably about 30% when you do it.
Thanks it seems to be keeping all my parameters in check. I check b4 I do water swap, next morning and middle of week(today probably) and seems to keep it all in check

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrates on 2k views my build has come to a complete stop. midterms and school pilling up around me. I also may or may not order my rock soon.
Lol didnt even notice that I hit 2k. I feel like it is mostly the same 4-5 of u answering all my questions lol. Yeah life can be a rollercoaster. I remember I tried salt while I was having first kid, going back to school for my BA, and trying to find a job in education lol. Didnt go well. So now I have the time and money to do small scale like this. Plus it is in my home office so as I am teaching ecosystems I can flaunt my tank to kids and explain what eats what and how delicate they are. :S

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got the intank chamber 1 and i ran into this same problem lol.
Yeah I had to dial the sicce all the way down and then slowly inch it up a click at a time and even 1-2 clicks was too much lol. I was not gonna risk overflow. Got my cleaner crew in from reefcleaners.com so we are on our way. I think the wife is getting me fish money for V day lol she told me not to buy anything else.

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot with cuc doubt u can see any lol. Tank is going smoothly. Chateo appears to be spreading in fuge at least no die off yet. Thinking of adding my 2nd gyre I have just not sure if needed. I saw a video other day of a cube with massive flow and movement. My 1 gyre is at 10 to 20% and any higher starts kicking up sand. But I would like the back and forth motion when the two are linked. Any ideas? Again won't have any sps in here just softies lps

Attachments

• 20210211_071734.jpg
    20210211_071734.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 98

cmmatxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot with cuc doubt u can see any lol. Tank is going smoothly. Chateo appears to be spreading in fuge at least no die off yet. Thinking of adding my 2nd gyre I have just not sure if needed. I saw a video other day of a cube with massive flow and movement. My 1 gyre is at 10 to 20% and any higher starts kicking up sand. But I would like the back and forth motion when the two are linked. Any ideas? Again won't have any sps in here just softies lps
im adding a second nero 3 today. i’m thinking the same, do i need it? no but i want that back and forth motion

cmmatxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had to dial the sicce all the way down and then slowly inch it up a click at a time and even 1-2 clicks was too much lol. I was not gonna risk overflow. Got my cleaner crew in from reefcleaners.com so we are on our way. I think the wife is getting me fish money for V day lol she told me not to buy anything else.
what do you have for cuc

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried putting them vertically?
I have not. I'm not sure how to do that since to get them pointed right I would need to put the magnets in the filter areas and there's no space back there. I just fooling round now I probably won't know how to dial it in till I get corals

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back