Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

So I'm looking to get a waterbox 60.2DX because the standard sump in my opinion is straight trash. I am having trouble understanding the DX sump for the 60.2 because there is an ATO reservoir in it when I could be using that real estate for a refugium for my tank. (picture below for the DX sump layout from waterbox) I would have to upgrade to the Reef 100.3 to get the refugium to upgrade.

And yes I know about the sale WB is having next week.

sump DX.jpg

So a lightbulb went off in my head. What if I purchased the waterbox 60.2 Standard edition with the standard sump. when the tank arrives swap it with another sump that fits inside the cabinet. one of the options I would want is to have a filter pad insert instead of socks. I am not wanting an auto roller mat in my sump. (they stink, and I have to depend on a sensor to move the mat having a filter pad makes you look at the waste and also makes you tend to your sump more often and can lead to better husbandry in noticing things that might be wrong that you wouldn't otherwise catch by having a roller mat). I also want a chamber for a refugium and all the other nice things that I could use in a sump I am looking for, so my options are limited to two different sumps.

I'm sure some people do sump swaps all the time I need some feedback on the equipment I'm looking at.

OPTION for this tank

FIJI Sump 20. the price difference between the DX and this sump is that the standard waterbox 60.2 standard and this sump would be $153.70 more expensive than the DX.

(Length x Width x Height)
WB Cabinet inner compartment dimensions: 21.1"×18.1"
Fiji Sump Dimensions: 20"L x 15"W x 16"H

fiji 20 sump2.jpg

fiji 20 sump.jpg

213022-fijicube-fiji-20-genii-advancedsump-filtration-le.jpg

Has the filter pad insert. has dosing holders and probe holders. it has a heater holder. this front compartment with the Fiji cube lettering would have to be a refugium chamber.

These sumps i like because the tops have rims and its more quiet

Question#1: Does anyone have this sump on an aquarium and if so do you like it does it hold up well and how long have you had it?
Question#2: is this a waste of time or money or is there a way to fix the DX sump so I can have a fuge?
Question#3: Does anyone know how you load water into a waterbox DX sump ATO when it's in the back of the sump and when it's jammed into the cabinet???

Anyways happy reefing. there aren't many people that have the DX or that have created content on it or reviewed it. so if you have a DX of any sort can you please comment to see if it's worth waiting for a 100.3 or just pulling the trigger on the 60 and take the L on it and spending the extra $153?

I also have been looking at trigger systems but no one has the filter pad tray. and the right dimensions for the cabinet.

sump DX.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I don't.
2. Not really - if it ends up giving you the features/functionality you want, it's probably worth the investment. I don't run a refugium, so for me - I've just run the stock sump on my Red Sea.
3. Not easily, that's for certain! If you're running an external reservoir into the sump ATO (such as a Neptune ATK kit) then it's not really an issue.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back