Waterbox AIO 50.3

Luis Cosme

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been around two weeks since receiving my new Waterbox AIO 50.3. First shipment came in cracked but they quicky send me a replacement .. I build my own stand due to their stand on backorder. Besides that I been really happy with the aquarium until I discover this. I notice that I can't do a refugium setup in the back chamber. My eshopps refugium Light go thru the display tint and the sump area is visible . I was going to peel the back tint to that second chamber to attach my other refugium light on the back.
Guess I have to invest in a chaeto reactor and store in the cabinet .
Just a FYI if anyone planning to get one of these aio ....
IMG_20180817_105657.jpeg
IMG_20180817_105706.jpeg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get some blackout tint, or as you mentioned use a reactor.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a piece of black acrylic and either cover it from inside the tank (100% coverage) or cut it to fit down inside the chamber you want to light (98% coverage but you'll probably still see light through the edges). You could use black silicone to seal the seams and block the light.

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Luis Cosme I purchased this AIO last week. I am debating on the skimmer. What skimmer do you have in your tank and what is the height of the 2nd chamber from bottom to the air trap baffle.

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the aquamaxx ws-1 skimmer with diy eggcrate stand
Thank you for the response. I used the Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 previously and loved it. Where did you get this skimmer from? I think they do a good job and it looks like it fits well. How high is your crate. Any pics will be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Luis Cosme

Luis Cosme

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Please let me know. I looked at this skimmer. Its about 14 inches rite, so was wondering if I can get away without having to make crate.
Okay the baffle is 2 1/2 inches from the top .. I believe the stock return pump is trash or ain't enough flow .it's 475 per gallon. ... , I advise you to get a better one .. the flow doesn't go over the baffle like it should , it's at least inch overflow in that chamber and the return chamber. I ordered a hydor l40 with 740 per gallon rating, hopefully it provides better baffle flow thru all chambers . As far with the skimmer I believe the hang on the back model is better . The one I have needs between 8 to 10 inches submerged in order to skim properly and I added a sponge on the back to support it along with the eggcrate stand . Without the stand the collection cup is in too deep.
MVIMG_20181017_172536.jpeg
IMG_20181017_173253.jpeg

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay the baffle is 2 1/2 inches from the top .. I believe the stock return pump is trash or ain't enough flow .it's 475 per gallon. ... , I advise you to get a better one .. the flow doesn't go over the baffle like it should , it's at least inch overflow in that chamber and the return chamber. I ordered a hydor l40 with 740 per gallon rating, hopefully it provides better baffle flow thru all chambers . As far with the skimmer I believe the hang on the back model is better . The one I have needs between 8 to 10 inches submerged in order to skim properly and I added a sponge on the back to support it along with the eggcrate stand . Without the stand the collection cup is in too deep.
MVIMG_20181017_172536.jpeg
IMG_20181017_173253.jpeg

Thank you for the detailed input. Helps a lot. Whatever the skimmer is for AIO, they may need a Stand is what I understand. I’ll look into the return pump as well.

Btw What wave maker ru using?

jobille

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been around two weeks since receiving my new Waterbox AIO 50.3. First shipment came in cracked but they quicky send me a replacement .. I build my own stand due to their stand on backorder. Besides that I been really happy with the aquarium until I discover this. I notice that I can't do a refugium setup in the back chamber. My eshopps refugium Light go thru the display tint and the sump area is visible . I was going to peel the back tint to that second chamber to attach my other refugium light on the back.
Guess I have to invest in a chaeto reactor and store in the cabinet .
Just a FYI if anyone planning to get one of these aio ....
IMG_20180817_105657.jpeg
IMG_20180817_105706.jpeg

Nice! where did you get the light for chaeto? How is it? Thanks for sharing. I have the same tank

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back