Waterbox cube 20 question

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, GHOSTLY does not like the evo too much and wants the waterbox cube 20. The question is how many gallons is the stock pump on it?
WDYM... the stock pump is fine for the tank its an ATO (all in one) im not sure of the exact statistics (its a Sicce Syncra Silent Water Pump 1.0). If your worried about flow get a powerhead (not needed until you get corals), if you have the AI prime lights maybe get a Nero 3 as they are the same company and controlled by 1 app.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WDYM... the stock pump is fine for the tank its an ATO (all in one) im not sure of the exact statistics (its a Sicce Syncra Silent Water Pump 1.0). If your worried about flow get a powerhead (not needed until you get corals), if you have the AI prime lights maybe get a Nero 3 as they are the same company and controlled by 1 app.
I want to know the GPH for it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have corals but I'm thinking of switching tanks. I use the rwdion xr30 pro on my evo atm

Upvote 0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come? Its quite good for what I plan. Why the upgrade? Does it break down
They tend to be noisy. A lot of people have no problem with them but others do. My sounded pretty bad from the beginning. No reason not to use it and only replace it if it becomes an issue.

Upvote 0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So only the sound is a problem? I'm fine with that but just want to make sure
Only one I'm aware of. My doesn't always restart after I turn it off but I only use it for salt mixing so it sits idle and dry a lot. Haven't read of others having that problem.

Upvote 0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it comes with the 1.0 now. its literally listed on their website, im not sure why you said it didn't

Did they change it?

It used to come with the Hidam AP-1500, just like the Mini Pen 15, 25 and Cube 10. I just looked at the spec sheet and it says AP-1500, the picture of the return pump on the product page shows a Hidam AP-1500 and the optional equipment still lists the Sicce 1.0 (along with a bunch of other Sicces) as optional purchases. If it is on the site, I don't see it. Can you point me to the page as I must be seeing old information.

It would be great if they changed it.

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they change it?

It used to come with the Hidam AP-1500, just like the Mini Pen 15, 25 and Cube 10. I just looked at the spec sheet and it says AP-1500, the picture of the return pump on the product page shows a Hidam AP-1500 and the optional equipment still lists the Sicce 1.0 (along with a bunch of other Sicces) as optional purchases. If it is on the site, I don't see it. Can you point me to the page as I must be seeing old information.

It would be great if they changed it.
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 12.49.45 PM.png

You can choose other pumps, but Sicce syncra nano 1.0 is the stock pump, I have the tank and its the stock pump

Upvote 0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
other guy was mistaken, its a SICCE SYNCRA Nano 1.0
The picture he posted is of a Hidam AP-1500. You can buy the Sicce for an additional $54.99 on their site but you still get the Hidam included in the kit. Unless they have changed it, which is not reflected on the web site that I can find, it still comes with the Hidam.

SlugSnorter--WHERE on their site do they list the Sicce as standard equipment per your claim?

I just checked, there is no such pump as a Sicce Nano 1.0. Just a Sicce Nano (and it is just 430 liters/hour). The Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 is the recommended upgrade for the Cube 20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture he posted is of a Hidam AP-1500. You can buy the Sicce for an additional $54.99 on their site but you still get the Hidam included in the kit. Unless they have changed it, which is not reflected on the web site that I can find, it still comes with the Hidam.

SlugSnorter--WHERE on their site do they list the Sicce as standard equipment per your claim?

I just checked, there is no such pump as a Sicce Nano 1.0. Just a Sicce Nano (and it is just 430 liters/hour). The Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 is the recommended upgrade for the Cube 20.
weird, i thought I found it, anyways, I added nothing to my order and got a Nano (1.0 was a typo sorry)

Regardless, these tanks are small, and there are fewer properly fitting pumps for them than a 30gal with a sump. Either way, the stock pumps flow will likely be more than adequate, you should have a Powerhead in a 30gal for surface agitation and increased flow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back