• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox customer service is trash

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Clean510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say that I have two red sea reefer's one being a 625xxl and the other being a max 170 and never having any issues with their customer service. Actually they were awesome to deal with even with their lights. I recently decided to upgrade the smaller tank to a waterbox frag 105.4. It came in on monday and I like most work so I didnt tackle this project until friday. No visible damage so left everything in the boxes until then. On top of the crate was the stand in which i built (not hard at all) Then I decided to remove the tank from the crate and put on the stand. We removed the tank and carried to the stand with all of the wrapping on it. Once I removed the wrapping i noticed a small chip in the bottom right corner of the front panel. No glass remnants in the packaging or wrapping so this was obviously shipped this way. Their solution is $150 credit and that this will not compromise the tank. Im sorry but I dont trust 75 gallons with anything off and I know I have seen red sea wouldnt have questioned this and already offered a new tank. This is a joke honestly and I would beware of waterbox and highly recommend sticking to red sea. I will update if they come to another resolution for this.

Attachments

• frag chip.pdf
    115.3 KB · Views: 101

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past year I've yet to read a single positive customer service experience from Waterbox. I too have a Red Sea tank and their customer service has been phenomenal (my tank arrived flawless and I've had zero issues with it). Thanks for the PSA.

I had a look at the chip and I'm 50-50 on whether it would pose any risk down the road. Especially since we know the tank got whacked at some point during assembly or packaging. I'm surprised they wouldn't want to work with you on replacing the tank since it's a glaring defect right over the Waterbox logo (not exactly good PR).

The standard operating line from Waterbox seems to be that any damage doesn't compromise the tank. Well, if you believe that, I have a bridge for sale...

OP
OP
Clean510

Clean510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah you spend 2500 on a tank and they only want to send 150. LOL that is comical and yeah im 50/50 if it will cause an issue but when it comes to water i dont like to gamble.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't a lot of companies that ship glass have a clause that you should inspect the shipment once it has been received for damage? A cursory glance may not have caught anything. How does waterbox know you didn't damage the tank moving it into the house?

Not saying you're omitting anything, it's unfortunate and I hope you find a good resolution.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regardless of whether the crack would cause problems down the road or not. When someone pays such price I expect it to be flawless you shouldn't be satisfied with a chipped tank. don't risk it.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I would still want to get it fixed or replaced, just thinking that if the damage wasn't visible unless inspected....that's a large enough volume i wouldn't feel comfortable using it, that's for sure.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back