Waterbox Dream turned Nightmare

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, but you need to be sure all traces of the old silicone is removed.
without taking the whole aquarium apart how would you do that? - I meant in the one picture - where the bead is small - the glass should still adhere where there is no silicone - But - like I said - I wouldn't risk it with a new tank .

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
without taking the whole aquarium apart how would you do that? - I meant in the one picture - where the bead is small - the glass should still adhere where there is no silicone - But - like I said - I wouldn't risk it with a new tank .
First off, it is really a moot point, because it isn’t something that should have to be done on a brand new tank. To redo the aquarium the way that it was built, then yes, the way to do it properly would be to totally break it down and reassemble. Having said that, many tanks are resealed by removing all of the silicone along the inside seams, cleaning thoroughly and reapplying a good silicone adhesive.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is completely unacceptable, how can a company with any kind of pride in their products ship a item like this much less two to the same person? I have seen many other examples of horrible craftsmanship from waterbox.. it’s sad.

OP
OP
Natasha Mcvicker

Natasha Mcvicker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
088AE78A-5219-48EC-B749-035591809B13.jpeg
9A403F44-B333-425F-A4FD-EF732A1FD70D.jpeg
I had really hoped that this post would be a pic of my properly up and running Waterbox Platinum 100.3. But, it’s not. A third tank was delivered today. Customer service also sent some freebies. They sent two felt socks which is fantastic since I’m having to clean them so frequently right now & a AIO 7 gallon nano. The nano is a nice gesture although I just upgraded to the 100.3 from a nano. It’ll make a nice gift. The socks & the pump to the nano we’re stored in the larger tank so I felt pretty sure someone must have looked inside of this thing. Nope. Not at all. There’s no way quality control would have shipped this as a third tank to a customer with existing caulk issues. There is obviously a huge disconnect between their customer service and their quality control. So, I stayed home today & am waiting to pay a couple of guys to move a third unacceptable tank. My husband went from fully encouraging my aquaria hobby to hating it. He wants me to sell everything, recoup some of my cost and be done with it. If the kids & I didn’t love our fish so much I might agree. I don’t understand how it’s so difficult for a company to simply take a flashlight and in minutes inspect a few caulk lines. It’s only a 75 gallon display. I found the flaw in less than a minute. The only thing I can figure is these tanks are being made & shipped so quickly that they don’t wait to see if the caulk was too thin when applied if it shrinks up after curing. I messaged them with the photos. I requested that this time instead of sending another tank maybe they could contact someone they could trust locally to repair the tank & maintain the warranty. It doesn’t seem likely but, it would solve the problem all around. We’ll see.

FBBB4BD4-486A-420F-A177-1CE6AFB19F79.jpeg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeze..... what the heck. Im shocked that they haven't responded to this thread, their silence is not becoming to their company.

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this has to just be a stroke of
Bad luck. No way they could stay in business if all their tanks are like this. I would think the silicone process would be the most important...

4th time’s a charm.......?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeze..... what the heck. Im shocked that they haven't responded to this thread, their silence is not becoming to their company.

I personally would even want to hear any comments/excuses from them, their products clearly speak for themselves. @Natasha Mcvicker have you considered returning and getting refund or file case with your CC company? I would move on to another manufacturer that actually produces a quality product.

Daimyo68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... wow wow wow is all I can say... I would be one PO'd customer

+1 on what Retro said. Contact your credit card company and see what they can do for you.

So I looked at your profile to see you location. - Georgia

Have you looked at the Waterbox Aquariums Warranty and read it completely? I don't know the laws in Georgia, but you may be able to "charge them" for the "manpower" you had to hire to move this tank 3 times now. Consult an attorney, and if the laws provide/exclude, get your money back for "manpower/incidental damages". Doesn't hurt or cost to ask. I'm not a lawyer, I think I'm just sitting here typing this and getting PO'd for ya at them.

Wish there was a Lemon Law on Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums Products Limited Warranty

Our limited Warranty is set forth on all Waterbox Products. There are no other expressed or implied warranties from Waterbox.

Waterbox warrants your product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 24 months, valid from the original date of purchase. Waterbox will repair or replace this product free of charge with new/rebuilt parts. Damage to the aquarium is not included. Our warranty is extended only to the original purchaser. Proof of purchase must be provided when warranty service is requested. The Waterbox warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship that occur during normal use. Our warranty will not cover nor imply failures which result from abuse, neglect, customizations, improper installations, shipping damage, alterations or modifications.

If a problem develops outside the warranty period, please contact your local dealer or place of purchase.

Waterbox shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of our products, or arising from a breach of this warranty. In the USA some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above exclusion or limitations may not apply.

KyleC.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to what @Waterbox Aquariums has to say about this now? I was hoping to upgrade to something similar after my honey-do list was complete, and after reading through this thread, I will most certainly not consider a Waterbox Aquarium... I'm glad you didn't fill this up and god-forbid, something worse happened... I hope that it works out for you OP. Don't let one (two/three?!?!) mishaps dissuade you from this hobby.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The key thing be there when the tank is delivered open it and inspect it before you accept it from the trucking company. If you do this they have to take the tank back and pay the transport charges. If you signed the release and accepted the tank without inspecting it you may be responsible for the delivery and return charges. That said I would be demanding to talk to the head of customer service with a list of your expenses and asking them to take that amount off the price of any new tank you might purchase. No way you should not be compensated somehow for this. Ps I can’t tell exactly where the problem in the new tank is. But am not familiar with this type of tank

OP
OP
Natasha Mcvicker

Natasha Mcvicker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would even want to hear any comments/excuses from them, their products clearly speak for themselves. @Natasha Mcvicker have you considered returning and getting refund or file case with your CC company? I would move on to another manufacturer that actually produces a quality product.
I wish it was that easy. I don’t have enough room to move all of my livestock & rock etc. into while waiting on a tank from a comparable company.

Adashek1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is horrible. I’m so sorry you have to go through this. I’m no longer interested in getting a water box!!! Red Sea all the way from now on!!! @Waterbox Aquariums what a shame !!!! How could you leave one of your customers hanging like this even after she’s already dealt with a bad tank? Yal are so positive and act like your tanks are perfect in your YouTube videos, act like you inspect the silicone with LEDS before you send them out and have this positive attitude towards fixing problems.... yet you don’t even reply ona threat your tagged in? Aquacave was going to sell me a 100.3 and I’m no longer buying a waterbox !! Your loosing so many customers over this, crazy what your letting happen to yourselves.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Waterbox Aquariums
Any help here?
I am going to get your 230 Peninsula right now I don’t feel very comfortable getting it.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back