WaterBox Experience

Jfinn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2019
Messages
114
Reaction score
104
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some real experience from any owners with larger +120gal Waterbox rimless systems

about to blow out a wall and thinking about the 7225 (since 7226 disappeared)

Just wanting some assurances before forking our $4500+ for a new tank

positives, negatives, regrets with accompanying equipment welcome!

thanks in advance
 
I have the 6026. Having gone through the process of a custom stand and tank last time, I’m quite happy with this setup
 
Last edited:
Looking for some real experience from any owners with larger +120gal Waterbox rimless systems

about to blow out a wall and thinking about the 7225 (since 7226 disappeared)

Just wanting some assurances before forking our $4500+ for a new tank

positives, negatives, regrets with accompanying equipment welcome!

thanks in advance
What made you pick the peninsula version?
 
What made you pick the peninsula version?
I have a wall that divides too rooms that a larger tank on either side doesn’t work. Having the tank divide the room is the best option (or so we feel)
Exhibit A
7460189F-E50B-4B72-B00C-7740B95824B3.jpeg

Exhibit B
0B1067A6-2201-419D-AD31-96F7E6B57C85.jpeg
 
Looking for some real experience from any owners with larger +120gal Waterbox rimless systems

about to blow out a wall and thinking about the 7225 (since 7226 disappeared)

Just wanting some assurances before forking our $4500+ for a new tank

positives, negatives, regrets with accompanying equipment welcome!

thanks in advance
Make sure it’s not a bearing wall
And no plumbing, ductwork or electrical issues
 
Make sure it’s not a bearing wall
And no plumbing, ductwork or electrical issues
I’m sure it IS load bearing, getting quotes for putting in a beam. No plumbing or electrical (or ducting) issues.

Credit card info is in just to see if it fit...gulp! Someone please stop me!
 
Well looks like the clock ran out on my discount just as I was about to place my order!
West coast time difference I guess
 
I’m very happy with my Waterbox 170. It looks great, happy with the tank, sump, and stand. The white stands look super modern and that’s what sold me.

I really wanted the open top look, but I lost a few jumpers. I then ordered a lid and I’m not as happy about how it looks. Yes, it keeps the fish in the tank and is the responsible choice, but light bounces off of the lid and draws attention to itself. I thought I would not mind it, but it really stands out (and you lose ~10% of your par).

I’m sure the discount will come back!
 
I’m very happy with my Waterbox 170. It looks great, happy with the tank, sump, and stand. The white stands look super modern and that’s what sold me.

I really wanted the open top look, but I lost a few jumpers. I then ordered a lid and I’m not as happy about how it looks. Yes, it keeps the fish in the tank and is the responsible choice, but light bounces off of the lid and draws attention to itself. I thought I would not mind it, but it really stands out (and you lose ~10% of your par).

I’m sure the discount will come back!
What kind of lid? Glass or mesh? Brand??
 
I’m very happy with my Waterbox 170. It looks great, happy with the tank, sump, and stand. The white stands look super modern and that’s what sold me.

I really wanted the open top look, but I lost a few jumpers. I then ordered a lid and I’m not as happy about how it looks. Yes, it keeps the fish in the tank and is the responsible choice, but light bounces off of the lid and draws attention to itself. I thought I would not mind it, but it really stands out (and you lose ~10% of your par).

I’m sure the discount will come back!
Thanks so much for the feedback! I sent a note to Waterbox - hoping they hear and get some love to us shoppers on the west coast!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new