Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25: something different

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a Waterbox 90.3. It the classic mixed reef display with one or two slight quirks (locally caught inverts etc.).

I'm keen to try something different and have a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 being delivered next week for this. It will be replacing a 50 litre AIO I currently have which has a few local sourced blennies, inverts and macro algae as well as a banished baby coral beauty (it got the snot beaten out of it by my orchid dottyback and azure damsels).

I'm looking for ideas on what to do. Some options I've explored (ranked most interested to least):
1. Anemone tank (not sure if it's big enough for this).
2. Seagrass biome (not sure if this is possible but we have lots of temperate sea grass in our bay that gets uprooted during storms)
3. Macro algae display
4. Soft coral only
5. Sps only

Whatever I do it will need to include the coral beauty as I'm pretty attached to the little guy. I know 25 gal is probably too small for an adult CB so I'm hoping he'll be able to hold his own in the mixed reef once he's a bit bigger.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a macro algae/soft coral tank. You could also have some nems in it (rock flowers, maybe a bta or two). The temperate sea grass idea won’t work unless you get a chiller, but it could be pretty cool if you went that direction.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
macro are fun I had a 20 long a few years ago there a different kind of challenge

I have the fiji cube nano peninsula for a rock flower nem tank -invert tank. its on the recover as we moved and had to move the tank a cpl times. but its a fun tank.

lots of options full SPS tank
zoa only tank
shroom only tank
mantis shrimp
cheers,
D

JMann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the coral beauty needing to be in there I would say a tank centered around Jawfish would be awesome. I plan on doing it in the future. You could have small flat type rocks with gorgonians or other corals and plenty of sand with various sizes grain and rocks/shells to resemble patch reef sections or “rubble zone.” I figure this won’t be your choice and it’s not for everybody I guess but I know this is unique and a set up most people would appreciate in a major way especially if they observe it in person.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back