Watermelon Frag

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this frag Sunday at a swap. Was sold as a watermelon. How long do they take to get pink?
Watermelon.jpg

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an alien eye & it's much bluer. This "watermelon" has a pink tinge to it. Do you have any pics of watermelon frags, newly fraggged?

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree, it could be a watermelon if you wanted to call it that but it isnt "the" watermelon you are probobly thinking it might be

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it isn't the Tyree one but I'm trying to get a pic of the parent now, so you can see, it's pretty close.

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see, this is my frag of the watermelon right after I recieved it from Hugo.

PDR_0559.jpg

This is the more recent picture of it

PDR_0191.jpg

My frag faded alittle after recieving it. The frag of spstoner watermelon I have looks alot like yours color wise.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I need a watermelon frag too.....That is one of my favorite corals, just can't believe that it can be so metallic pink with the green/yellow eyes. Really cool color contrast.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I need a watermelon frag too.....That is one of my favorite corals, just can't believe that it can be so metallic pink with the green/yellow eyes. Really cool color contrast.

No kidding... My Larry's watermelon is great, but that one is just nuckin futs...

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kida dissappointed now... Mine still shows no pink. Put it up a bit higher today. The parent I was shown a pic of looked a lot like the Tyree one. :( He said it wasn't but close enough for me. Now I don't know what to think...

Mchava

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey dont worry mine looked just like yours does when I first got it. With in 1month or so it has started to looke red/pink. Let me see if I have picture of when I got mine.

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mecold whats the time period between the two pics? Mine is growing extremely slow.

That was 5 months growth give or take a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I tried to frag it for a friend. It has receded quite a bit, but it is starting to come back.

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easy. Ya just gotta be careful so the diamond wheel doesn't catch and fly right into your bent knuckle.

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gflat, the watermelon you got from me goes more pink under less intense lighting. At least that has been my experience with it. One of my shaded frags went almost all pink and green (rim and eyes), with very little of the blue present. I didn't like it near as well without the blue in it though. ;)

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's definitely picking up more pink and I'm starting to see what looks like a bluish hue. I've got it at the bottom of the tank, but could probably lightly shade it some, too... Time for experiments:).

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha either way like i said that is an awesome coral-so unless you paid 300 bucks for it I wouldnt be disapointed in the least...and if you are still not happy my mailing add. is 170 forest ave, bangor me 04401 :0)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back