Wave maker controller question

Moefacky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a wave maker that allows you to adjust the flow rate on the pumps. I currently have 4 hydror koralia pumps on two tanks. I have 1 hydor koralia wave maker controller on my new tank. It allows you to run the pumps 1 or 2 at a time at different time intervals. I want to buy another controller that does this plus adjust the flow rate on the pumps. Does anyone have any suggestions on controllers?

Thanks

Adam

Raquel12771

Goddess of Metal Trivia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless the powerheads/pumps are rated for the off/on of a wave maker, I don't recommend it.

Tunze, EcoTech, and Hydor make controllable powerheads that can operate in either an on/off or reduced/fluctuating flow rate. Using the low cost powerheads will lead to early failure from operating them in a way they were not designed.

OP
OP
M

Moefacky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are rated for a wavemaker. Currently connected to hydor koralia wave maker controller. Looking for a controller that also allows you to contol the flow rate of the pumps. Not sure they have them, but would be nice to adjust speed of the pumps & have wave maker control.

Raquel12771

Goddess of Metal Trivia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, guess I didn't explain well enough. hydor makes a 12 volt powerhead that works with their wavemakers that can control flow rate. Ecotech make the MP10 and above that allow the same, and Tunze make stream powerheads that are similar that work either with their wavemakers or Neptune Apex systems.

These are all rather expensive ($100+ per powerhead) and the lower cost can really only have an on/off state and that is not a good idea for long term use as it will wear out the impeller assembly/ motor.

This is what I am referring to from Hydor
HYDOR componenti per acquari

If your powerhead is not LIKE one of these (aka low voltage), I am afraid they are not flow controllable.

HYDOR componenti per acquari

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back