wavemaker use

FocusdonHim

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am reefer for few years but very green - my tank has green hair :). Have a 120g with integrated sump and pump in the back. the pump has a return system that sends water back into the tank through holes in the back wall along the bottom. This creates water flow in the tank.

i have continued problems with algae and have used sea hare to completely control red algae. Since then have limited my white light usage to less than 3 hours per day and the red algae has not returned.

Just bought a little red tipped anemone from lfs and find it needs lots of light. so thinking ill increase my white light to maybe 6-8 hours. I asked the lfs how to keep the red algae at bay and was told to increase water flow because red algae doesn't like that. So gonna buy a wavemaker and point it at my rocks.

I know this is kinda confusing. so my main questions are whether I need a wave maker. and how much light should I be giving the anemone.

Many thnks.
 
Sounds more like cyano (which is actually a bacteria).
It likes to collect in low flow spots.
Flow does help, but you might want to check if either your Nitrate or Phosphate has bottomed out.
Blow it off, and siphon it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new