WB cube 20 to Marine x 90

drose21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all long time reader first time poster. Ive got a 6 month old cube 20 that is doing fantastic.I just ordered a Waterbox Marine x 90.3 to upgrade as i already filled up the cube and want more! The cube was my first reef tank and as i said its been doing great so far. What can i do to maximize the transfer? not keeping both so i guess id like to know should i keep the sand and water? and what to do with the rock, as i believe ill be doing a new rockscape unless i can incorporate the existing one somehow. i did a fishless cycle first time around is there a better option such as putting this rock in the sump or? thank you all. im ordering another ai prime and probably another power head but thats it for now. will definitely be getting a protein skimmer as a next upgrade. Any thoughts on this are appreciated helping me think through how to transfer everything. Thanks!
IMG_1882.jpg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to do an immediate transfer of coral and fish, I wouldnt use any of the old sand and use new sand as the old sand could have a build up of organic matter.

For rock if you dont plan on use using it in the Display I would definitely think about putting it in the sump for the beginning as it helps with bio filtration and transferring any good things you have on it.

If you are in no rush to transfer, I would let the new tank cycle all over and than add livestock. Thats what I did to ensure everything is done well and properly.

OP
OP
D

drose21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to do an immediate transfer of coral and fish, I wouldnt use any of the old sand and use new sand as the old sand could have a build up of organic matter.

For rock if you dont plan on use using it in the Display I would definitely think about putting it in the sump for the beginning as it helps with bio filtration and transferring any good things you have on it.

If you are in no rush to transfer, I would let the new tank cycle all over and than add livestock. Thats what I did to ensure everything is done well and properly.
so if i put the rock in the sump it would cycle the new tank just as if it was in the display?

Back