• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

We love Freebies but....

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

A777flygirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I dont want to be ungrateful but l would like to make a couple of suggestions to the awesome suppliers that give freebies with orders. I LOVE FREEBIES. :)

Some of us are newbies and some just are not prepared tank wise or knowledge wise to receive freebies that are not identified or require special care.

I have received things marked "freebie" and that is all. I dont know if they are aggressive needing a lot of space or where they need to be placed in the tank. I am just not expert enough to identify them. I am also kind of in a panic to get the things I did order taken care of in a timely manner to ensure they survive in good health.

Also, I am guilty, yes, i know, bad, Bad, of not always having a quarenteen tank set up if i am ordering corals I can dip.....and then I received a freebie that could not be dipped...Oh No!

I dont want to ruin the really nice, wonderful, thoughtful, practice of including freebies......

My suggestion is to label or include a quick note saying what they are. It would also be great if they were an item like what was ordered...then for sure the tank and experience level of the person receiving them should be ok.

OK, now people can let me have it for posting this and potentially discouraging freebies....which is NOT my intent...trying not to be a complainer...

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I dont want to be ungrateful but l would like to make a couple of suggestions to the awesome suppliers that give freebies with orders. I LOVE FREEBIES. :)

Some of us are newbies and some just are not prepared tank wise or knowledge wise to receive freebies that are not identified or require special care.

I have received things marked "freebie" and that is all. I dont know if they are aggressive needing a lot of space or where they need to be placed in the tank. I am just not expert enough to identify them. I am also kind of in a panic to get the things I did order taken care of in a timely manner to ensure they survive in good health.

Also, I am guilty, yes, i know, bad, Bad, of not always having a quarenteen tank set up if i am ordering corals I can dip.....and then I received a freebie that could not be dipped...Oh No!

I dont want to ruin the really nice, wonderful, thoughtful, practice of including freebies......

My suggestion is to label or include a quick note saying what they are. It would also be great if they were an item like what was ordered...then for sure the tank and experience level of the person receiving them should be ok.

OK, now people can let me have it for posting this and potentially discouraging freebies....which is NOT my intent...trying not to be a complainer...

how dare you! :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you get a new unidentified freebie, just let it acclimate and post a pic here. Somebody will help ID it and give you care instructions. Don't get overwhelmed, some of my absolute favorites have been freebies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back